New Lenovo Laptop. Some Kind of ghost icon in bottom right?

ZMdHtr606

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I just got a new laptop and there's this shadow/border in the bottom right of my screen that is always there. no matter what. and i dont know how to get rid of it!!!

i've provided a few pictures to show what i'm dealing with. hopefully someone can help me out.

Heres the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/bnx7O

cqkuh.png

UGasv.png

cn1u3h.png

Hi :)

Sorry but its NOT drivers...my lappy repair company has replaced screens numerous times due to this manufacturing fault....

All the best Brett :)

The screenshot shows something that like a partial outline of a notification box. The image is rather small, but it also appears to have a shadowing effect as well.

It does not look like a result of a defective LCD panel. More likely a driver issue which is easy and free to determine if it is so by uninstalling then reinstalling the video drivers.

If it is not caused by the driver issue, then I recommend call Lenovo tech support. They will likely ask you for permission to connect to and control your laptop remotely to see if they can resolve the issue remotely. It could be some type of interface issue between the video card and the LCD panel, but I really doubt it is the LCD panel itself.

If the issue cannot be resolved remotely, then you need to request an RMA to send in your laptop to be inspected / repair at Lenovo's tech support facility somewhere in Texas. If you paid for onsite support, then a technician will stop by to inspect your laptop.