New Multimedia/Cad/torrenting Laptop Needed

TheFredPit

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
1. What is your budget?
My budget is $600-$900 but would like to stay around $750 if possible

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I want at least a 15" screen however I might consider going a half an inch smaller but I like the 15.6" screen on my current laptop

3. What screen resolution do you want?
I need at least 1080p but the higher the better obviously

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a desktop replacement laptop, it would be nice if it was a convertible laptop or 2 in 1

5. How much battery life do you need?
I need 3 hours minimum but its ok if I have to buy a larger battery to get that it's what I did on my current laptop

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I don't play games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do occasionally use CAD(solidworks) but that's not a daily thing more like a monthly thing. I do a lot of torrenting. I also occasionally do photo editing, some web design, and some encoding

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I want a SSD of at least 128GB with the ability to add a regular drive later to hold my media files

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
The main 2 sites I'm looking at are Amazon and NewEgg however I'm open to suggestions

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I plan on keeping my laptop for a number of years my current laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-2150us so its at least 6 years old but it has been upgraded with 8GB of ram and a 750GB harddrive

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I very rarely use an optical drive so it's not necessary

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
My current laptop is an HP but I also like Dells but will consider any laptop that is not a generic brand

13. What country do you live in?
I live in Dallas Texas

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need a minimum of 8GB of Ram but it must be able to be upgraded to at least 16GB in the future but preferably 32GB.
It must support having both a regular 2,5" drive and an SSD
I really would prefer it to have a num pad.
It needs to support 802.11ac.
It must have a hdmi port.
I would like an esata port but that's not a deal breaker.
I would like it to have either an i5 or i7 processor