Question New phone, battery not insulated? carries charge?

Jun 18, 2020
I have an android phone MotoG4 Play, I am happy with it, it has replaceable battery . I bought a new phone for a friend, MotoG7 play. The phone has an non replaceable battery.
I just started the new phone up, and I did arrange some of the settings. My hands were burning right away , they were tingling after about 5 minutes. I did not know what to make of it. I am not an electrician , but I wondered if the phone was carrying a charge, maybe the battery was not insulated well enough. I borrowed a Trifield Meter, which can measure sort of the electric field, I have no voltage meter. The Trifield Meter measured a very low static charge on my old phone about 3 , this new one has a measurement of 25 . Does anyone have electric knowledge?
.How can I figure this out if the battery is not insulated well enough. Something is wrong.

Jun 18, 2020
I am sorry for thanking youonly now for your advise . I had gotten ill.
Yes, I returned the phone , I did not ge ta replacement as I had no clue what gave it that static charge. Was it a malfuntion of that phone or something was wrong with that particular Moto model.

Gkad your better, healthwise, but you're no further forward. You still have the phone and it doesn't work properly?

If that happened to me here in England, I would set the Local Government department that protects the public from the big companies.