Solved! new reciver and arc and optical

Solution
If you have the sources connected to the TV then you can use either optical or HDMI-ARC to get sound from the TV to the AVR. You may have to turn ARC or optical out on and turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu to get it working. I would use HDMI-ARC since you will want the AVR menu to be viewable on the TV.
Check the AVR manual on how to use ARC. You may have to assign it to an input name.
You can also connect the DISH and console to the AVR with HDMI and then just connect the AVR HDMI out to any input on the TV. You may get better sound this way. If your TV is smart then you would want to use the ARC port to get sound from the apps to the AVR.
If you have the sources connected to the TV then you can use either optical or HDMI-ARC to get sound from the TV to the AVR. You may have to turn ARC or optical out on and turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu to get it working. I would use HDMI-ARC since you will want the AVR menu to be viewable on the TV.
Check the AVR manual on how to use ARC. You may have to assign it to an input name.
You can also connect the DISH and console to the AVR with HDMI and then just connect the AVR HDMI out to any input on the TV. You may get better sound this way. If your TV is smart then you would want to use the ARC port to get sound from the apps to the AVR.

Solution
Apr 15, 2020
Thanks I appreciate the info!

Last edited by a moderator: