Solved! New Thread: TOSHIBA Qosmio X875 Destroyed - Insurance trying to force DELL Inspiron down my throat!

anjl54

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
My Toshiba Qosmio X875 3D high performance laptop was destroyed in December by TSA while I was on a trip. I have DirecTV maintenance program that guarantees repair with new parts or replace with a new equal or better system. They found everything - motherboard, graphics card, back, keyboard, power source, CPU, a few other parts (as I said - TOTALLED!!) they couldn’t find the CPU FAN - no longer manufactured.

Now they’re giving me the option to replace it with one of 2 Inspiron laptops. I paid $3000 for my Toshiba when I upgraded my Inspiron. Now they want to cram a $900 NON 3D system down my throat - expecting me to take a serious downgrade - probably thinking I’m a “stupid woman who knows nothing.” Albeit, I am 63 years old, I’m a computer engineer and technician. Needless to say, I was pretty furious with their options.

At the time I purchased my Qosmio, I had spent 9 months researching and saving money for the laptop. I’m on a fixed income due to an injury which left me 100% disabled. I don’t have 9 months. I have NOW to find and fight over an acceptable repl. I was comparing at the time every component from every manufacturer. I work on people’s systems, so chose not to get Acer or a few others because of problems and lack of support.

I don’t know much about the new VR technology. I know that with some, you use glasses and some, you don’t to get the 3d effect. I want the 3D. I ABSOLUTELY prefer the Intel Core i9-7980XE 18 core monster processor, Intel Core i7-8700K the Intel Core (8) processor), Intel Core i7-8700K hexa-core (6 Core), processor, least the i7 Quad core processor or the Xeon pr 2TB of 7200 or 10,000 RPM drives so as to avoid latency issues while recording and editing music and for video editing and rendering. I need high speed wi-fi for transferring video and audio to others to over-record and ship back. I need high speed for streaming video and 3D movies. I need BR-3D-CD Optical drive although I have a Buffalo external drive. I need Blu-Ray ,3D,HDgdaphics card - probably the NVidia MX1070 or 1080 or AMD equivalent.

If I wanted an Inspiron, I would’ve Obtained an Inspiron to begin with rather than my Qosmio. Needless to say, I’m heartbroken! All over the CPU fan! So now the fight’ll be on over an acceptable laptop, which their offer is NOT!

Now I need help. I’m looking at the following: (and do they need the VR glasses?)
Alienware R4 17” with upgrades
Cyber power - but does it need glasses
MSI
Eluktronics
Samsung
HP
Titan
Possibly a custom built system like the Xidax

I need serious help - ASAP.

Thanks - Angie

anjl54

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

anjl54

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Thank you for your answer. You are correct when you say that my "wish list" does not contain those bits (except for the quad core i7 processor - which has now been upgraded to 7th and 8th gen), the NVidia graphics which has now gone to the NVidia 1060 to 1080, 3d, optical card). As I said, I do not know what is available in 3D these days. I need the 3D as well as the gaming laptop. "They" are the folks at Assurion.

I passed on the information about the whereabouts of the cooling fan. I do not know if Amazon is one of their vendors or if they are using that as an excuse not to repair mine. My ultimate option is to have them simply repair and return mine. Their contract says that they are to repair or replace with a new equivalent to a NEW system or better (like it was when it was new - not like a used one.) I've given this company thousands over the years and have had no return on investment.

I have no intention of breaking the bank here, but I need a new replacement laptop - the same or better, as the contract said - not the same as a used one.