New to gaming please help me

lizzie9144

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
Hi all I am new to gaming have been playing on a friends computer and loving it. Sadly friend is no longer so Im trying to use my own laptop now but seems there are minimum requirements for most games
Id like to play something but don't know what my Laptop can play
this is what I know of my laptop
intel Celeron quad core 2.16GHZ
intel hd graphic card
4 gb ram
500 gb hard drive
are there any games out there I could play? its a sad computer I know
:)

Solution
You can try some free online MMO games. At worse you are simply wasting time downloading and installing. League of Legends has pretty low system requirements. DOTA 2 is worth trying, but a little more demanding. Hearthstone is should be playable as well.

I play none of those games though. The only online MMO I play is Star Trek Online which is a RPG game and it's strength is in space combat. Although it is a multiplayer game, the primary focus is actually singleplayer because the PvP (player vs player) aspect part of the game is more or less dead. At end game (when you are level 44+) co-op missions become accessible, until then you are primarily playing single player missions, but many of those missions do allow you to invite a friend...
You can try some free online MMO games. At worse you are simply wasting time downloading and installing. League of Legends has pretty low system requirements. DOTA 2 is worth trying, but a little more demanding. Hearthstone is should be playable as well.

I play none of those games though. The only online MMO I play is Star Trek Online which is a RPG game and it's strength is in space combat. Although it is a multiplayer game, the primary focus is actually singleplayer because the PvP (player vs player) aspect part of the game is more or less dead. At end game (when you are level 44+) co-op missions become accessible, until then you are primarily playing single player missions, but many of those missions do allow you to invite a friend so that you can complete them together. It has low requirements, but I don't think it is that low. Then again it is free.

www.GOG.com sells many old games that have been re-coded to run on modern hardware. Half-Life 1 (released in 1998) and likely Half-Life 2 (2004) are games that should be playable, but you need to buy them from Steam, not GOG. They more or less helped define modern first person shooter games. They are fun games. Generally speaking, most games released before 2008 should be playable.

Minecraft is another game that should be playable as long as you install the Optifine mod which help improve performance by sacrificing graphic effects. Never played it though.

Solution