New Zealand ISP Offers Way Around Geo-specific Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
MLB.TV, SKY.TV, and SUNDAY TICKET, look out. Thank god something finally comes along to take the big networks off their sports monopoly throwns. OTA and DIGITAL TV are a dying medium, this will help open up other forms of revenue for the giants. With Fox sports owning all the rights to our MLB team and me not willing to pay for cable or satellite (since i still have to suffer through their ads, if I pay I shouldn't have to watch ads) there is now a different option.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I wonder if I can take advantage of this service from the USA. As an Aussie Ex-pat, I would love to watch Good News Week, over the web, as it isn't shown on US cable, but Noooooo!

Channel 10 are being anal about viewers outside of Australia, so no webcast viewing for me.

DAMN YOU CHANNEL 10!!!!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So is this company going to be running all of their users behind a bunch of international proxies depending on the site they are trying to view? That's a good idea, but they had better keep changing those IPs or content providers will just start blocking them.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Wow first time I hear about a new ISP in my country is through Toms, who would have thought.

Guess the advertising has been limited.That is awesome though, even some content on youtube is region blocked.

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]I wonder if I can take advantage of this service from the USA. As an Aussie Ex-pat, I would love to watch Good News Week, over the web, as it isn't shown on US cable, but Noooooo!Channel 10 are being anal about viewers outside of Australia, so no webcast viewing for me.DAMN YOU CHANNEL 10!!!![/citation]

Problem is that they have canceled that show :(

G

Good News Week, and more specifically Paul McDermott and his stupid dumb face, can go die...

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
If you read the fine print it says that they cannot guarantee it will work on all sites and to check the forums for your specific site before joining. Also it pay-per-GB 34c/GB on top of $34.34 per month just for the connection.

It would be expensive if you like to watch HD.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Gamer-girl[/nom]If you read the fine print it says that they cannot guarantee it will work on all sites and to check the forums for your specific site before joining. Also it pay-per-GB 34c/GB on top of $34.34 per month just for the connection.It would be expensive if you like to watch HD.[/citation]

Up until our ISP's released new pricing a month ago, 34c/GB would have been fine (plus the $25 for naked) still cheaper than my current contract price, but new orcon plans are less than 10c/GB. The other ISP's are similar in price so good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.