New Zelda, Mario Galaxy 2 Appearing at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Golden sun? Seriously? I absolutely loved the first 2 Golden Sun games on the gameboy SP, damn! I may need to borrow a DS for this new one :D

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Thumbs up to both games. Both are flagships of the Nintendo brand, and are always "must-have" items for Nintendo gamers. Hope they turn out to be great additions to each series!

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]boxbabax[/nom]Golden sun? Seriously? I absolutely loved the first 2 Golden Sun games on the gameboy SP, damn! I may need to borrow a DS for this new one[/citation]
They announced they were working on a Golden Sun game at E3 2009. I've been waiting ever since I saw it on tv. I'm hoping it's as good as the first two. :D

darkpower45

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
WOOOOO Golden Sun DS!! I've been waiting ever since the last game came out... hhmmm how long has it been since the last one anyway??

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I love the tune on the Metroid website... Lovely to the tears.

I have all my faith in Team Ninja for that one. GO TEAM NINJA!

Cheers!

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Golden Sun FTW!!! Loved the first two games. it kinda reminds me of chrono trigger because of the graphics and the gameplay is soooo addictive.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]carlhenry[/nom]Golden Sun FTW!!! Loved the first two games. it kinda reminds me of chrono trigger because of the graphics and the gameplay is soooo addictive.[/citation]
Not to mention, it had it's own original elements. I really loved being able to use skills/powers outside of battle in those dungeon mazes.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]My girlfriend like Mario. She thinks he's cute.[/citation]

That's not good man, better check she's not cheating on you! It's trouble when a girl is into a guy with a 'stache!

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
oh good, so I see as usual with nintendo, their game plan is the same as the one from a few years ago with all the numbers incremented on the end of everything...

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I liked golden sun, and was pretty far. Stopped playing it for a bit, let someone borrow it. Even though I habitually save in 2 slots on most things, he managed to "accidentally" save over them both. Never played it again.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]FlamingGerbil[/nom]More zelda and mario games, how DO Nintendo keep making such surprising and innovative titles?Inb4 Nintendo fanboy downvotes.[/citation]

I suppose you did not grow up in the early 80's when Super Mario Bros ruled the gamming world? Nor the fact that Nintendo also ruled the gaming empire? Until the 90's when PC gamming started picking up (Doom - First FPS Shooter), you had nothing. Even until the late 90's did PC gamming revolutionized to a different level.

If you didn't grow up in the golden age of Video Gaming (Atari, Commedore, etc), you will never know how to appreciate the games that started it all. Nor will you appreciate when a new classic title such as Metroid comes out (Same with Zelda, etc). Those of you that are my age and remember, how many countless hours did you spend playing the original Zelda? or the oringal Metrod? or the Original Phantasy Star? Or heck, even "Kid Nikki"? Legendary Wings? I lost count...

My point, I would enjoy playing the new Metroid: Other M, Latest Zelda, etc. Nintendo makes great games. And great games do not always have to be the best graphically. I'd take Metrod Prime over Crysis any day.

G

The metroid teaser site demonstrates a great deal of style and artistic taste, even artistic restraint. im looking forward to it even more now...

spagunk

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Repeated titles? You mean like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear or Tony Hawk or Resident Evil or Rock Band or Guitar Hero or Halo or...

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]I suppose you did not grow up in the early 80's when Super Mario Bros ruled the gamming world? Nor the fact that Nintendo also ruled the gaming empire? Until the 90's when PC gamming started picking up (Doom - First FPS Shooter), you had nothing. Even until the late 90's did PC gamming revolutionized to a different level. If you didn't grow up in the golden age of Video Gaming (Atari, Commedore, etc), you will never know how to appreciate the games that started it all. Nor will you appreciate when a new classic title such as Metroid comes out (Same with Zelda, etc). Those of you that are my age and remember, how many countless hours did you spend playing the original Zelda? or the oringal Metrod? or the Original Phantasy Star? Or heck, even "Kid Nikki"? Legendary Wings? I lost count...My point, I would enjoy playing the new Metroid: Other M, Latest Zelda, etc. Nintendo makes great games. And great games do not always have to be the best graphically. I'd take Metrod Prime over Crysis any day.[/citation]

I couldn't agree more. It's like the same thing with classical music. Sure you may not like it, but atleast respect it. Most of the music we listen to today is based on it.

To top it off, if these older story games are so "lame" then why do they keep selling so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.