Newspaper Laptop Bag Thwarts Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]won't it look suspicious you carrying SAME newspaper everyday?[/citation]

Very true, of course one could argue you have a subscription, however that still does not explain why that newspaper keeps printing the same story everyday:)

w4ffles

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
I think the fact than you have a newspaper hanging from your shoulder is even more suspicious. Plus it's a strangely stiff newspaper; it doesn't seem to bend or fold even when someone bumps into it.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
$86...

or you bould get a regular paper and a roll of packing tape for less than $5. Pick out a section, tape the sides together (on the inside of course), and layer the inside with tape for strength. There's your newspaper-bag.

leafblower29

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
It's not for carrying it's for when you have it in your car and your in the store or whatever because no none will likely steal a newspaper.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Here's an idea.. Create a plastic bag that can carry the newspaper you want..
That way you can UPDATE the bag and update yourself when you wish. Than you won't need to buy a new bag every now and than since thieves will start looking for those particular headlines... :)

justiceguy216

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
...And when someone sees a thief grab it off of a table at a coffee shop they just figure he was picking up a newspaper, NBD nothing to alert anyone about.

G

i think it'll thwart it because absolutely no one wants to be caught dead reading the Herald Tribune or any of those other newspapers they will be that replused or better yet they'll just toss the old newspaper away

G

Uh, if it is supposed to protect your laptop when you leave it in your car wouldn't it be a lot cheaper just to get a real newspaper and throw it over the laptop? Or just put the laptop in the trunk/boot?

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
[citation][nom]jasoncwlee[/nom]Too expensive, I can make one cheaper.[/citation]

Now now, apple products arnt that overpriced! oh wait yes they are, oh wait you were talking about the bag!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]joeman42[/nom]It would be more theft resistant with the optional fish head attachment.[/citation]

You almost made me wake up my family, head to stiffle my lol.

*Starts looking for these bags to steal*

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
it's the "Frankfurter Allgemeine", not the "Frenkfurten Allgemeine" (i live in Frankfurt currently...sooo :p

but it IS a nifty idea.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
They should make a clear bag for netbooks that allows the user to exchange magazine covers. You could swipe an old copy of "Cat Fancy" from you doctor's office ...

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
If the newpapers bags are no[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]It's not for carrying it's for when you have it in your car and your in the store or whatever because no none will likely steal a newspaper.[/citation]

If the newspaper bag is not for carrying, the why not just place a regular newspaper on top of the laptop if left in the car or put a magazine on top of the laptop if in the book store or coffee shop? Now that's the cheapest solutions so far eh? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.