Next Android Version is... Candy Cane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Don't care ... now I'm officially 3 versions behind just waiting to get an ICS upgrade.

Google needs to make the major updates less frequent and just push small updates often.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]universalremonster[/nom]Perhaps it's Kris Kringle... Fits the holiday time and starts with a "K"[/citation]

But it's not a sweet

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]Key Lime Pie!!![/citation]
"Kit Kat" would make more sense and Google could charge Nestlé a royalty on every phone for exclusive advertising. Nestlé could make chocolate Android-branded candy. That may sound unlikely but when you see bins of stuffed "Angry Birds" toys in Walmart it's not that ridiculous.

G

Or Google could use a very professional sounding name for the business user.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Don't care ... now I'm officially 3 versions behind just waiting to get an ICS upgrade. Google needs to make the major updates less frequent and just push small updates often.[/citation]

Why? Instead of asking Google to slow down, you should ask HTC/Moto/Samsung/etc to speed up no?

AusVip3r

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
"Google has included an (e)aster (a)gg" I read Tom's everyday but for the last 1-2 years there has been typos in about every second article I read. Many times it will include 2-3 blatant errors. The worst being when the heading of all things is either incorrect or misspelt. C'mon guys, your a respected website, how about you start proof reading your articles every now and again.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ausvip3r[/nom]"Google has included an (e)aster (a)gg" I read Tom's everyday but for the last 1-2 years there has been typos in about every second article I read. Many times it will include 2-3 blatant errors. The worst being when the heading of all things is either incorrect or misspelt.[/citation]
Who cares, they are humans, this site is free, and there are far more important issues in the world to get bothered by than some silly mistakes on a tech website.

Now letz see wat the net verzin of androde iz all aboot!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Guest382[/nom]Or Google could use a very professional sounding name for the business user.[/citation]
The company's name is Google that alone makes sure that nothing they make will ever sound professional. Then again that is a good thing, the fact that they encourage fun and free thinking is what lead to creating the company and it's products in the first place. I love the fact that they have those fun doodles with their name, i love that they have dessert names for Android versions (specially since they are alphabetical) I love Google for what they do and the products will speak for themselves regardless of the name or environment. BTW how exactly is BlackBerry a professional sounding name, or iPhone, or Windows Phone 7.5 AKA Mango?

Just as a PS, wanna know some code names for iPhone OS versions? Little Bear, Big Bear, Heavenly, Oktoberfest. MS has Mango and Tango (along with many other silly names). RIM just tries to use locations for their names making some sound weird and unprofessional as well.

frish

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Who cares, they are humans, this site is free, and there are far more important issues in the world to get bothered by than some silly mistakes on a tech website.Now letz see wat the net verzin of androde iz all aboot![/citation]
They make their money from adverts. So if they want to be viewed professionally then they should act like it. For example basic spell checking. Mistakes happen, but there's no reason not to do a basic spell check when your job is writing articles unless you don't care if people take you seriously or not.

On topic, ICS gives an android ics nyan cat animation.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
gosh...just say version 4.2 and get it over with...these fancy code name every bump in the version number is just another marketing ploy by google...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.