Next Anonymous Target is Wall Street, But Not Online

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Gotta invest in porta toilets quick. Since no one is going to let them into their business to use the facilities; they're going to need them. lol

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
This is just like the PSN attacks; they attack everyone, in the hopes to inflict some temporary damage on a few people. What they don't realize is that mommy and daddy, and the grandparents who fund these spoiled little children have most of their money in stocks, so when the stocks dry up then their own support goes away. Besides, don't they realize how many employers have their assets tied up in the market? If the market goes bust then shops close up, and everyone looses. Then only the mega corps that have assets other than the market survive... and something tells me that will defeat the whole point.

In other news; Buy stock in Coleman camping gear....

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Hey del35, I liked that "banksters..." I hope you don't mind if I start using it.

That's right, these people are not "bankers," they are "banksters." They produce nothing of value, but leech their extravagant sustenance off the massive flows of OPM they encourage. Wall Street is no longer about investing, it is about gambling, and the inevitable fraud that goes with it. An investment is money spent to increase the quantity or quality of something, from which one might realistically anticipate a return; the whole pie gets bigger, so you get a bigger piece. If you can't get more pie unless someone else loses his, you're not investing, you're gambling (or cheating, or swindling).

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
dumb...
I thought they were gonna hack wall street.
A stupid peacful protest won't do sh*t.

Also, can someone explain why wall street is being protested against. Sure, there may be some corruption but it's not like the whole thing is corrupt. That's like finding out 1 baseball player does drugs so you protest the whole team. Lastly, why not pick a corporate target that has been overrun with corruption and/or GREED.
AIG
Comcast (or ANY cable provider for that matter)
ALL HEALTH providers
Instead of protesting wall street they should protest invdividuals that act as lobbiests. Personally I think lobbying should be illegal due the financial backing and unequal influence a corporation has. It tilts the laws to help companies and ignores the citizens that actually live here. Unfortunately the entire republican party is only interested helping companies and lowering taxes for the wealthy.

Andrei24

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
sorry to say this but it won't work. because the corporate fat cats don't live among the normal folk, they don't care about them and their insignificant protests. I can't say what the best way to deal with Wall Street greed is, but this sure as hell is not it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
wow anon is actually working for the people here. Im kind of liking them now. When I read the title I got scared they were gonna take down wall street and screw up the stocks even more.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
It's those EVIL CORPORATIONS I'm telling you! They come in our houses at night and steal the money out of our wallets! It would be different if we had a choice not to buy their goods and services, but... err... What?

I know its cool to hate on the rich and successful, but this just makes anon (and a good chuck of the posters here) seem like whiny losers who are going to get laid off from McDonald's pretty soon.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Ummm, it could send a message to the American people to start demanding accountability. The banksters that unleashed the economic debacle currently afflicting the world have gone unpunished and gotten richer. American food stamp usage has increased 75% in the past 4 years to the point where close to 16% of Americans are currently on food stamps. Americans have got to wake up and confront their inflation causing money printers and banksters, or they are going to be a whole lot poorer.[/citation]

BTW: The current economic debacle was caused by the government mandating home loans to people that could never afford to pay the loan back, and the uptick in food stamp usage is because we're systematically attacking employers in this country. The inflation is because the Fed has been printing LOTS of money to support someone's Keynesian economics model, which clearly isn't working (see points 1 and 2).

How you think the corporate entities are the root of all this is beyond comprehension: IT'S THE GOVERNMENT that did it! Protest in DC and then you might have a point...

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]shoelessinsight[/nom]If people really want to end the corruption of banks and corporations, they'll have to speak with their wallets. If people mass boycotted businesses with abusive practices, you can believe those businesses would shape up quick.But that requires that people be willing to make sacrifices and do without whatever product those companies are offering for months or years. Not much chance of that happening on a significant scale, sadly.[/citation]

That's the way to do it but it's not bad enough like the Arab country's with their american supported dictators not yet at least

darasen

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2005
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]BTW: The current economic debacle was caused by the government mandating home loans to people that could never afford to pay the loan back, and the uptick in food stamp usage is because we're systematically attacking employers in this country. The inflation is because the Fed has been printing LOTS of money to support someone's Keynesian economics model, which clearly isn't working (see points 1 and 2).How you think the corporate entities are the root of all this is beyond comprehension: IT'S THE GOVERNMENT that did it! Protest in DC and then you might have a point...[/citation]

Don't forget the brilliance of government mandated "mark and market" accounting wherein banks were essentially forced to sell good loans to pay for losses from sub-prime (bad) loans that they were forced to issue in the first place.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]sundaymarch1056[/nom]Won't they be exposing themselves to the cops? Cops can just come down there and arrest them[/citation]
No. You see they are recruiting the masses to go out there for them. While they remain well, anonymous. Just the way Al Qaeda operates except without explosives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS