Next Generation iPhone Spotted by Developers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ch1ckench0wme1n

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Would recommend waiting till summertime.

I have no idea why so many people have problems with AT&T , I've never had an issue with the service and I don't live in a capital of a city.

I guess the story with the AT&T service is don't go with them unless ur in a large city...

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
[citation][nom]AtuBrian[/nom]they should come out with something new besides just upgrading the cpus by the tiniest bit aswell as the ram it went from 25 to 50mb how bs[/citation]
The RAM in the iphone 2G/3G is 128MB the 3GS is 256MB. Plus more than just a tiny bit of CPU enhancements as well. They upgraded 2G/3G from an ARM11 412mhz (downclocked from 600mhz) to a much more powerful cortex A8 Processor at 600mhz (33% higher clock = far from tiniest bit). That is not counting the upgraded GPU/VPU also (MBX vs SGX) which has programmable shaders and is also clocker higher.

G

Does this mean the iGrenade App will be more powerful? Maybe it should be the iED App. Cant wait for 5g then, the iNuke will be all the rage.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Apple and...
SPRINT?

Woah.

But seriously: Commercials: iPhone 4G, running on Americas' most reliable 4G network (A network that isn't there can't fail, now, can it?)

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
When does the Apple/AT&T contract lapse? Will these events coincide? Perhaps Apple will give us this revision and plant in beautifully in my local Verizon store? Just hoping...

jaicen

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]If it's actually 4G, I'll laugh. Imagine a 4G phone on a network that can hardly support 3G.[/citation] Funny thing is that the launch day of the Droid from Verizon, their network crashed here in Southern California. So it just goes to show that most service providers are not prepared for heavy data users.

sabrex

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
It would obviously not be called the iPhone 4G, as it would have to support LTE (only 4G network) which it won't until at least 2012. I'm hoping for HSPA+ (21.6 Mbps) support ... in Canada all of our mobile carriers are on HSPA+ and support tethering, so it would be nice to not be restricted by the iPhone's slow HSPA-only capability (7.2 Mbps). Unfortunately, AT&T is stuck in the stone age down south with their HSPA network at 3.6 Mbps, so I'd be suprised if Apple added HSPA+ support.

That and better battery life, possibly through smaller fabrication process of the CPU, would be the two top things I'd like to see ... oh and out-of-the-box support for some sort of multitasking (maybe running 4 apps simultaneously)

aaronb09

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
AT&T has made the Iphone so expensive to own, i dont mind paying 400-500$ for pretty much an amesome handheld phone/PC but im not willing to pay the UP the ass phone contract BS that AT&T puts you through its horrible plus im not to impressed with the lack luster changes Apple has done with the iphone, the plastic is not typical apple and the ugly chrome bar needs to go.. I would like to see either brush alum or a nice strong black matted back, OLED screen with no lame chrome border.. and of course better battery life, better "phone features, reception, talk quality ect" not sure if thats apple or AT&T just lame to look at 1-2 year old phones have basic phone features the iphone doesnt even have..

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Screw Apple! pdadb.net lists over a dozen new snapdragon smartphones slated to hit the market this month. I'm waiting to see the Toshiba TG03 badboy hit the stores.

G

I hope the next i phone has a bigger screen
854 x 480 so it can play anamorphic movies. the small screen size and the fact that I had to reformat my movie collection is the only reason I never bought one
Archos is releasing an android phone with that same screen size in a 4.3 in screen at the next CES

Status
Not open for further replies.