Nexus 5 vs S4

Delhu

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Good evening,

I recently broke my S2 and I'm looking for a new android smartphone to buy. However, I am unable to decide between a S4 and a N5 knowing that I can buy them for the same price.
I've read a few reviews on the webs, searched on forums and asks retailers but unfortunately, I am still hesitant.
The main points I have retained:
- advantages of the S4 over the N5: more powerful battery (and removable !), better screen (at least in term of colours), better camera, and possibility to add a micro SD.
- advantages of the N5 over the S4: more powerful (hence faster), better design (in my opinion), "raw" android (and more frequent updates)
Note that these two are 16Go phones. However, I can have a 32Go N5 for a few more euros.
If the S4 had been more expensive, I would have bought a N5, but it is not the case.
What should I do ?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

shnuhh

Estimable
Feb 21, 2014
nexus 5 for better price for performance (but sucky battery)
S4 for better battery and better all around phone but more expensive

You can go ahead and buy nexus 5 but buy an extended battery on the side so you can have a bigger battery capacity

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
If there is no difference between prices for you I would suggest Galaxy S4.
-Better Battery life
-Super Amoled Display (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode which is type of LED).. You can search on good LED is better then LCD that is used in N5
-S4 have better color contrast
-Better front and secondry camera
-S4 have Air gestures, barometer sensors that N5 doesn't have.
-S4 better Cam quality.
-Expandable SD card upto 64 GB (nexus 5 till 32 GB built in)

swegname

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I would still go for the nexus 5. I own one and my friend owns a s4. My nexus 5 runs much faster and handles data faster as well. Same isp

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Why you think it's faster? Maybe your friend have more apps installed. You can look online benchmarks between these two. S4 wins it. See most popular used antutu benchmark results.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Sorry I disagree that it has better performance, look at these two benchmark results and also note screen colors and tell me which phone is better.
8uEO2.jpg

8uEH6

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Oh, nice too hear that you got your new phone, congrats!! If you get a good experience with S4 don't forgot to select best solution XD.