Nexus One Running Android 2.2 is 450% Faster

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsmetana

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Why couldn't they just release the Nexus One for Verizon D: I'm stuck with the HTC Droid ERIS--nice phone, but not the Nexus One.

skatt3rbrain

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]bonezy[/nom]Megapixels do not a great camera make.My ancient Olympus 1.3 MP digital camera still takes better pictures than any phone camera I have ever seen.[/citation]

That's most likely because its lens is WAY bigger than any of those 1.3 MP cell cameras.

Are you German? Your word order was peculiar... not to say that being German is bad--I am just curious because German kicks extra verbs to the end like you did with "make". Either that or you're bringing middle English back in style :p

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]skatt3rbrain[/nom]... Are you German? Your word order was peculiar... not to say that being German is bad--I am just curious because German kicks extra verbs to the end like you did with "make". Either that or you're bringing middle English back in style[/citation]
thumbs up for making my day LOL

G

skatt3rbrain : That's a fairly common turn of phrase style.
My question is: is this phone a good phone? I always laugh when reviewers describe the awesomeness of the iphone, then throw in the caveat that the "phone" part isn't very good.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]skatt3rbrain[/nom]That's most likely because its lens is WAY bigger than any of those 1.3 MP cell cameras. Are you German? Your word order was peculiar... not to say that being German is bad--I am just curious because German kicks extra verbs to the end like you did with "make". Either that or you're bringing middle English back in style[/citation]

I thought he was making a Yoda-esque statement.

jonyb222

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tomrippity02[/nom]I'm curious how many flops the iphone can do?[/citation]

Remember the pokemon Magikarp?
Remember how many time you made him do "Splash" hoping it'd do something?

The iphone flops twice as much as that

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
My contract is up for renewal in Decemeber. Most definitely going with an Android-based phone, even IF the iPhone winds up on Verizon.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
The iPhone can claim first status, and the appstore is well stocked - and the movie streaming airserver is awesome for streaming to your device. That being said I still don't like the closed nature of the platform. Their headstart will erode as more and more people realize that the droid based devices hardware is now superior. They also have to ensure that a droid can operate cross platform with iPhones. All of the benefits, none of the drawbacks. When the dual core 1.5ghz snapdragons debut, we'll see it really get interesting.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
[citation][nom]skatt3rbrain[/nom]That's most likely because its lens is WAY bigger than any of those 1.3 MP cell cameras. Are you German? Your word order was peculiar... not to say that being German is bad--I am just curious because German kicks extra verbs to the end like you did with "make". Either that or you're bringing middle English back in style[/citation]

I noticed that too, even though I speak German and my minor in college is German, the first thing that came to my mind was Yoda, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.