Nexus Prime Reveal Delayed Out of Respect for Steve Jobs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshybo7

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
"The product launch, scheduled for Tuesday, October 11-"
"The Next Web is reporting that the new date is October 27-"

you guys realize it's a sixteen day delay, don't you?? it's not like they are pushing it back a month or something ridiculous.

G

so whats the bet this is more to do with reworking a presentation that might have included content that lambasted Apple and Steve

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Even though Apple has Samsung in court, Samsung still has a warm heart toward Apple for their loss. Going to the extent of delaying a product (even if it is for just one week) that many have been waiting for takes will power. Praises to you Samsung.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
'The statement doesn't give much of a reason for the postponing of the event'

In other words, Jane just completely made up a story about this having anything to do with Jobs.

They didn't mention him at all, in any way, shape or form.

This has nothing to do with 'sportsmanship' and is definitely either a PR exercise or simply an excuse for unexpected delays to the product.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]'The statement doesn't give much of a reason for the postponing of the event'In other words, Jane just completely made up a story about this having anything to do with Jobs.They didn't mention him at all, in any way, shape or form.This has nothing to do with 'sportsmanship' and is definitely either a PR exercise or simply an excuse for unexpected delays to the product.[/citation]
Both companies have confirmed that Steve's death is the reason behind the reschedule.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Both companies have confirmed that Steve's death is the reason behind the reschedule.[/citation]

I'm not sure what your source is, but just because they say that doesn't make it true.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]Samsung continually proving it is the better company, in business and sportsmanship.[/citation]

Quite a joke there, if you see how Samsung behaves.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
This was a business decision, pure and simple. They didn't want to launch a new product with everyone's mind on Jobs and Apple. They don't want to be overshadowed. They're waiting because they want headlines and they want money.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]WHAT THE HELL?!Are you kidding me?! Since when does an individual's death delay product launches/reveals?!I think I'll skip work tomorrow out of respect for Jobs. All these servers can freakin' crash and burn... who cares, Jobs died.*uncontrollable explosion of rage*[/citation]

Never tried to use Apple's products before myself but, this man has affected many lives with his innovations. As per Wikipedia " Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 338 US patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies ". I think some respect for his death isn't much to ask for. Also, the lauch is delayed for 16 days only. That's better than most of the common delays experienced in the electronics industry.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Talk about irony. Apple's own product iPhone 4s is up for pre-order as planned. No changes there due to Job's passing away.[/citation]

According to what I hear about Mr. Jobs, the last thing he could've wanted was for his company to be setback by his health problems or even death

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]Samsung: Hey Google... we might have a problem, our Nexus Prime isn't ready yet and we can''t launch it...Google: woops... What now? Better make an excuse...Samsung: It can't be about ourselves... it would make us look bad.Google: Hey! Steve is death! Can't we excuse with that?Samsung: But that doesn't have anything to do with this...Google: Got a better excuse?Samsung: Erm.... Nop...Google: OK then let's use it!Samsung: we can say something like: "We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced."Google: Okay, I'm going to send the information to Tomshardware so they can make an article about it.[/citation]

Man, Get A Life

Status
Not open for further replies.