Nintendo: 3DS Sales Weaker Than Expected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]Nexus52085[/nom]This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever seen about this device. While the price is a little high, the rest of your comment is completely unwarranted. Troll.[/citation]

Na i agree with the "troll". Btw Nexus is it getting harder to get into your super hero outfit? ya know the one with the big N on the front... Doesnt fit like it used to huh

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I just haven't seen enough stuff about the system to make me really want it. Getting good games would be a good start, Nintendo. :p

G

If you are going to ask gamers why they wouldn't want the 3DS it's because THERE IS NO INTERESTING GAME. peroid.

Nintendo, please release more RPG! :D

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I am one of those who is waiting. I want to see a price reduction and waiting for revisions of the hardware. I can afford to wait.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
This design looks like from 30 years ago. I'm not feeling very attracted to it. The hardware is meh...

The 3D is just a gimmick that nobody really needs.

But 3 million units is still very good.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
4 million. I guess they are pulling these numbers out of their asses. So when they pull out such impressive number and they meet them they get bonuses :D

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Nintendo needs to get hte message: Get some decent software. Aside from SFIV, nothing jumps out software wise. Even the coming remakes aren't that impressive [LoZ:OOT was a good game...a decade ago].

jonyah

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
This isn't suprising. Every store has a huge stock of these. At 249, wouldn't get one. The kids ds lites are still going strong too. I think the DS has just saturated the market enough already.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Not surprised. I love Nintendo, but when I saw this I thought three things: 1.) $250? Uh, yeah, not happening. 2.) That release lineup sucks, and 3.) Nintendo will probably release an improved and smaller version - with new colors - within a year or so.My cousin got the Super Street Fighter IV game with his. While it looked impressive, it failed to entertain us for very long. We had more fun with the camera and it's shooting game.[/citation]

You are so correct. With a high price and a thin line-up of launch titles, the 3DS isn't a must have system. Thrown in the fact that Nintendo always releases a much improved version of it's latest handheld within 18 months of launch, and there's your explnation for weak sales.

I won't get one until a second model comes out. And even then I might just buy a used 1st gen instead.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I've got a DS Lite and I don't think this new one is good enough to warrant me spending $250 so, I'm not surprised. Although, I AM surprised that this device has even sold that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.