Nintendo Accounts for 58% of March Console Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Just bought an DSi and boy it took me back and I mean way back... Buying game from ebay = mostly fake/won't work on DSi (beware HK seller)!

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's kind of surprising for a few reasons. Wasn't there a story that the PS3 outsold the Wii in Japan in March? If that's the case, the PS3 must not be selling anywhere else, since Japan has a very big economy. I'm also shocked people still buy the X-Box 360. It's got to be the most unreliable piece of electronics sold in the last 30 years, and somehow, people like up like rats to the feeder and buy it. How has Microsoft managed to sell this product despite the serious unreliability? I can't image even price would make up for it, so the general public must not be aware. Nothing else makes sense to me.

G

I still say Nintendo sucks for keeping the prices so damned high on the Wii, they've said it themselves, no? They don't have to charge so much for it, they just... Do it. Because they know it's popular with no real competition. (Yeah, i know, other consoles can be cheaper, but they're not a Wii.)

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I don't think I'll ever buy a Wii, unless they come up with another Zelda before the end of the Wii's life(I bought Twilight princess for the Gamecube).
The fact that they are unwilling to lower the price is one of the biggest reasons for my decision to pass on the hardware.

sneebeezums

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Nintendo is making a boat load of money off each Wii they sell. Why would they lower the price? They won't lower it until the competition is beating them in hardware sells on a consistent basis.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]It's kind of surprising for a few reasons. Wasn't there a story that the PS3
outsold the Wii in Japan in March? If that's the case, the PS3 must not be selling anywhere else, since Japan has a very big economy. I'm also shocked people still buy the X-Box 360. It's got to be the most unreliable piece of electronics sold in the last 30 years, and somehow, people like up like rats to the feeder and buy it. How has Microsoft managed to sell this product despite the serious unreliability? I can't image even price would make up for it, so the general public must not be aware. Nothing else makes sense to me.[/citation]
reliability issues in the 360 are gone wiothte h jasper board i think that explains the current increase. i would nto call the 360 the most unreliable peice of ahrdware ever , i know plenty friends that still have thier first year 360's running perfect and great, in fact i have yet to meet some one in person that has even seen one system RRoD on them. yes the general public is mostly unaware BECUASE for teh most part their 360'shave been reliable. the only reason any one ever heard of the hardware issues with the 360 is becuase of the fast pace of information on the internet. ANY time ther is mass production of ANY product there willbe failed product where MS 's problem is is not int eh product it';s self but more to the point their Quality Assurance deartment letting bad units ship. so for the msot part the machine IS reliable , its jsut MS's QA is not. youa ctually look at sony's defective decks count formthgeir factory and i bet you wil get aclose ratio ,some for nintendo the diference is ALL in the QA.

so dont let fanboyism and a small number of RRoD's (compared to working units ) sway yoru judgment of a piece of hardware. besides withte h jasper MB out the RRoD is most certainly athign of the past my jasper based arcade 360 is on ly one 1th the ehat out put of my friends older 360 ,after each system has ran for an hour. so now more than the ever the hardware is DEFINITELY NOT unreliable.

PrangeWay

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Well actually the suprising is the wii sales are down from a year ago this time, while the 360 are up. That is somewhat unexpected. PS3 down from last march isn't suprising, Sony is working hard on not selling ps3's for some reason.

G

*sigh* another failure month for Sony and they still won't lower prices. Soon you will see numbers like 500,000 Wii sales, 200,000 360 sales and 16 PS3 sales this month. Sony just needs to drop the Playstation all together. What's the PS4's price point going to be...$1000? "but it has the new turquoise-ray!!! and we put an air-freshener in the fan so you get fresh pine scent when you play." I would rather purchase an old Atari 2600 than give Sony a single dime right now.

plbyrd

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
I think the change in the fortunes of the different console manufacturers has proven that Microsoft's strategy was the best of the three. The XBOX 360 has had continually increasing sales of both hardware and software while the Wii is now in decline and the PS3 is still too expensive. Everyone who points to wireless and Blu-Ray being the reason the PS3 is more expensive and "better" need to realize that not everyone uses wireless (it sucks in most homes with actual copper pipes and copper electrical wires, they kinda build a Faraday Cage between the rooms that sucks the life out of wireless) and many people rather watch movies over the Internet or via DVD than from Blu-Ray (which has yet to make a compelling argument to consumers of any cost-benefit advantage over DVD).

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]err... are your fingers broken, sir?[/citation]
lol.. I posed pretty much this same comment to the same user on another story. Almost gives you a headache trying to decipher what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS