Question Best gaming+creativity laptops & where to buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2022
Hi all,

With Prime Day coming up, I'm looking into finally getting myself a new computer that I can use for gaming+streaming as well as video editing and animation. I'm hoping to stay under 2K for my budget, can stretch it a bit if it's really worth the investment but I'm not looking for any 3K+ powerhouses. Cash is a bit tight, so lower prices are welcome if they can handle the work but I know it's probably worthwhile to make an investment of it. Any recommendations on what to get or deals/sales to watch out for other than Prime Day?

Portability and battery life aren't key issues; both are nice, obviously, but I'm after a laptop more for ease of travel/moving from home to home than because I want to work away from an outlet. Chances are good that it'll spend a lot of its time hooked up to a monitor or two at some desk or another. Preference for a Windows machine to make gaming easier and to carry over what little advanced computer knowledge I have. Don't want to wait much longer than a month or so to buy, really itching to get working on some projects.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Well where to buy them, Prime Day is on Amazon so from there would probably be the place. MSI is a good brand, the Lenovo gaming system are good, they both tend to have less heat and fan noise issues. I have a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin system that is nice but it has a lower end 1650 Ti video card so can't say how noisy or hot it gets with something faster. Really depends on what your exact needs are, for some people "gaming" is SIMS 4 or SCGO on low that take almost no video card power.

As far as general gaming laptop selection, I like www.xoticpc.com they have a good selection and a great layout for comparing systems.

Jul 14, 2022
What games are you looking to play?
I have ordered from ankermann in the past, but it was a business notebook. They only have this one gaming laptop right now, which will probably struggle with new games (and rendering I guess) but which is quite a bit under your budget. So, depends what exactly you need it for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.