Question Quest 2 to Gaming PC Help

Nov 30, 2023
Looking for some help (guidance) please.

We bought our son his first Gaming PC last Christmas (not high-end by any means). He's now asked me to try and connect his Oculus Quest 2 to the PC and I'm struggling. Long story short, last week I thought either the USB cable isn't fast enough or the graphics card isn't compatible. this week I'm now thinking could the Anti-Virus software / Firewall be blocking it from connecting.

I connect the Headset to the PC via USB cable, the PC makes a noise and a notification comes up to say my new hardware has been added and ready for use. I can see the Quest folder in my C: so I know the PC recognises it, but when I try to connect through the Oculus app, it doesn't find the headset and vice versa, the headset doesn't find the PC. Same story when I try to connect the headset wirelessly (they don't fine each other). I then discovered a Rift Compatibility Tool, so downloaded that. When I ran it, it came up at the end to say "Network Error" and asked me to check my network connection and Firewall settings. So is it maybe the AVG Anti-Virus software is blocking it, or is my Windows Defender?

My son's PC has the following spec: Intel Core i5, 3.2GHz, 16 Gb RAM, 1TB HDD ATA-4 7200, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2Gb running Windows 10 64-Bit

Any help would really be appreciate as I'm not tech savvy enough to help my boy.

Thanks
Gordy

How is your son's PC connecting to the Internet? Wired or wirelessly? If wired, that shouldn't be an issue (unless you don't have sufficient speed from your ISP). If it's connecting wirelessly, then I would suggest that you temporarily move the PC to a location where it can be connected via a network cable and recheck the app to see if you receive the same error.

If so, then it's something else (USB port or AVG).
If not, then the wireless signal at the PCs original location likely isn't strong enough and that issue needs to be worked out.

-Wolf sends