Nintendo Blames 3DS Price Drop on Gamecube

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Skiddywinks[/nom]Where the heck are you getting your information?Horrible textures, some ripped from the first game and halved, massive lack of dynamic objects, worse lighting, smaller draw distance despite easier to render backdrops, simpler mechanics and a much more scripted story.Here's just one video, but I have seen better user made ones. It still gets most of the points across though. Some effects have been improved (like the particles etc), but in almost every area, technically speaking at least (the rest is subjective), Crysis 2 is worse than Crysis 1. Crysis 2 does do a better job of getting the most out of hardware, but I honestly don't think it would be that big a difference if they didn't also cut so much out.[/citation]

While the new patches address a lot of quality issues, I still agree. Crysis 2 lacks a majority of interactivity that made Crysis a lush world.

Not to mention I can't play Crysis 2. It crashes if I load a saved game.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
$170 is a good price for a relatively new handheld. There arent much games yet, but their coming. just needs a smash bros and Ill buy it.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Should have used a DS XL screen size for the 3DS, I was actually planning on buying one until I found out it was the original size. Now I want to get the android 3d instead...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Def tuff to be a gaming only company since the other two console brands are part of huge companies. Hope Nintendo can pull it together and continue to be an innovative gaming company. I also believe the 3DS is hurt by iPad and similar smart phone devices.

The 3D gimmick didnt work as well as Nintendo forcasted.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
wow, another article where i get down voted for stating an opinion that a fps could be better on the wiiu than on the pc...

im not even saying anything that isnt true, im just thinking that if nintendo realy wants to push the fps as must play on the wiiu that is what they will have to do.

can anyone tell me where im wrong in what i said?

shadowmaster625

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Microtransactions work great in League of Legends. If a free game is good, you're going to want to buy stuff just to help promote it, unless you're a cheap bastard...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]If you start capitalizing your words when needed, and use slightly better grammar, I'll personally go out of my way to thumbs up anything you write.....[/citation]
sadly its painful to use my pinkies, so until speech reconision becomes a viable option, non caps will stay, and grammar? well... i write how i would sound if i was saying those words.

jacobsmith

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
get the game cube it plays all ps2 ps1 xobx ps3 xobx 360 ds dsi dsixl ds lite 3ds gba games and dvds and blu rays and pc games

Status
Not open for further replies.