Nintendo Chief Writes to 3DS Early Adopters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gto127

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Does anyone know of a way to get game sales numbers of indiviual 3ds games? The reason I'm asking is that if the system has a brief lifespan then some of the sealed games could be worth alot of money in the future. You could name your price on some sealed copies of certain Nintendo virtual boy games. I do hope the system does well but I'd be willing to buy some of the games for long term investment if they had low sales numbers.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
"We know that there is nothing we can do to completely make up for the feeling that you are being punished for buying the system early."

This is BS! Refund the difference to users who adopted the system early or to those who registered through your so called Ambassador program. There's nothing better than this! 20 free games are nothing comparing to this! $80 for 20 games!? Nah, it doesn't move me at all!!

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
@ chimi Yeah, I agree with you. 20 free NES and GBA games are nothing at all! You can get then free easily. Nintendo can show more of its sincerity to its loyal customers by giving out a lot of free credits to access its eShop! 20 free games are a joke!

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]@doomtomb and xenol : I have mixed feelings about your example. As far as I know, Apple usually let their customer benefit from a change 30 days after their purchase (software update, price drop, etc.). And they certainly don't warn customers of imminent technology changes.In this particular case, Nintendo gives compensation to 3DS buyers almost 5 months after their purchase. They could easily have compensated only the people who bought a 3DS in the past 30 days.[/citation]

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why people feel "entitled" to free stuff.

Btw, Nintendo is gonna lose and/or break even every time they sell a 3DS now: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2389406,00.asp

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Early adopters should really know by now that prices drop eventually and first time hardware is usually buggy.

They should be damn grateful they get 20 free games for a mere $80 difference. It has been nearly half a year since it came out and they were happy with the original price.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]eiskrystal[/nom]Early adopters should really know by now that prices drop eventually and first time hardware is usually buggy. They should be damn grateful they get 20 free games for a mere $80 difference. It has been nearly half a year since it came out and they were happy with the original price.[/citation]

Exactly, especially hitech early adopters.
Each time I build a new PC, I stop looking at the price of the parts for the next months as they always fall.
For 3DS, some retailers here in europe offered around 50€ of refund on any 3DS game when you pre-ordered the console so it was like paying "only" 200€ for the 3DS. Now the price will be 170€, just 30€ less. It is not a lot if you already had a lot of fun with your console since its realease date.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]rnaoncfixd[/nom]Don't forget that when the time that Apple reimbursed every iPhone owner with 100 bucks for when the iPhone dropped in price abruptly, back in 2007. http://www.infoworld.com/t/network [...] buyers-106[/citation]
Actually, they gave them store credit. It still have a $100 value to the customer (assuming he wants to buy something), but it costs a fraction of that $100 to the company that already have your cold hard cash.

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I think it's good that Nintendo are giving away the free games, if they wanted to they could have just said bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.