Nintendo Drops the Price of the DSi and DSi XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Nintendo could have ruled to gaming world, all they needed was a place to insert a sim card. With the power of todays smarthphones they only need to get a couple first rate developers to make android / wphone7 the future of mobile gaming. No one likes mutiple devices that each serve a single function if they can get a single device that does it all. No amount of gimicks nintendo try's will help it keep its lead in the handheld gaming market.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Nintendo could have ruled to gaming world, all they needed was a place to insert a sim card. With the power of todays smarthphones they only need to get a couple first rate developers to make android / wphone7 the future of mobile gaming. No one likes mutiple devices that each serve a single function if they can get a single device that does it all. No amount of gimicks nintendo try's will help it keep its lead in the handheld gaming market.[/citation]

Yeah you have fun with your Farmville and fart simulators, I'll stick to games that took more than a day to make.

G

Stop clowning around and get rid of the DSi.

Drop the price of the DSi XL another $20.00 or more and things will be that much better.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Even with 3DS around the corner I wouldn't mind picking up a DSi XL, the ONLY reason I haven't is that they removed the GBA slot from the "DSi" versions of the DS.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I can tell you for sure that it does NOT cost anywhere near as much to make a DSlite to justify that price. The DSlite has been around a solid 4 years now, and has remained the same price.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I just gave my ds to my 3 year old. There are no good games for it. I am tired of the pixilated blocky graphics. Would like to get a psp, but I dont want downloadable games or a propitiatory memory format. And I want an analog stick. Playing games on my android phone sucks also cant get the wii controller to pair with the nintendo emulator.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]I can tell you for sure that it does NOT cost anywhere near as much to make a DSlite to justify that price. The DSlite has been around a solid 4 years now, and has remained the same price.[/citation]

And I occasionally look at getting one, even the original model, from ebay. They're still like $80 for one that's completely working and has things like the power charger. Ones without all that are still like $50-60...

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Even with 3DS around the corner I wouldn't mind picking up a DSi XL, the ONLY reason I haven't is that they removed the GBA slot from the "DSi" versions of the DS.
keep holding your breath

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]teknomedic[/nom]the ONLY reason I haven't is that they removed the GBA slot from the "DSi" versions of the DS.[/citation]

And this is why the original DS isn't getting a price drop. Whether or not it was intentional, they can probably still sell plenty of DS lites to people who want both GBA and DS slots. and if you can't find a game you like between those two libraries then you just aren't looking.

For those of you griping about the cost of materials, get a clue about business. They'll sell it for whatever it's worth to the consumer, and they've sold enough DS to tell them the pricing works fine. You aren't going to go buy the Mona Lisa for the price of paints and a canvas.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Yeah you have fun with your Farmville and fart simulators, I'll stick to games that took more than a day to make.[/citation]
Yet still suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.