Nintendo DSi comes to U.S. on April 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

_horse

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Im not too sure if this is a good idea if Nintendo is trying to reach new consumers in this market. Yeah, you have the current customers that will have a decent portion that will go out and try this out, but in this economy, even that portion will be nothing compared to the current customers.

Nevertheless, this should be pretty friggin cool.

G

I think this is what the DS should have orginally been. Then they wouldn't have had to create the R4, just the homebrew software for it.

4c1dr41n

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I still prefer my PSP. Its more capable hardware and more mature selection of games is more suited for my taste. I also use it to watch movies, but I prefer using my phone to listen to music, so these new features of the DSi don't appeal a lot to me.

By the way, even the PSP 1000 played music, movies and had a memory stick. I whish my PSP had a camera, though. It would be amazing to preview the picture on 480x272.

4c1dr41n

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
The PSP had memory stick and played music (and movies!) from it since the first version. I wish it had a camera, though. It would be amazing to preview a picture in 480x272.

Though I'm no fanboy, am actually considering buying a DS as a second portable. But the much bigger library every owner bragged about because of the GBA compatibility... Well, I guess I'll have to settle for a DS Lite.

G

What's so great about a 0.3 megapixel camera? This is just a move by Nintendo to try out a new money-making platform without releasing substantially new hardware to risk it on. It can't play video, the wi-fi is barely functional (Doesn't even support G, let alone offer provisional N support and how will not being able to use a memory expansion for improved web-surfing in the slot-2 slot affect wwwing?) and you lose backward support for alot of great GBA games.

Try again Nintendo, I'm not buying it.

Bring out the DS's successor and/or start releasing more 1st party popular titles for the DS! i.e. Metroid, Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, etc. How many years has it been and there's only 1 Metroid and 1 Zelda title on the DS! BAH!

4c1dr41n

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
0.3 megapixel! I hadn't noticed... And two of them? The only use for a camera is taking pictures, no more gimmicks in games please (the stylus and mic are ehough). A lower price tag would be better.

G

I wonder if the missing Game Boy Advance cartridge slot means that a good portion of the popular GBA games will be downloadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.