Nintendo Finally Announces Official Wii Cut Date

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kamar6

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]85%? more like 99.999%199 for that garbage? no thxI feel stupid for buying a Wii 2 yrs ago. Its been sitting there collecting dust. why? cuz all its games were GARBAGE. thank you.oh yes let me flip my PS3 on and play some SF4. That pathetic Wii will NEVER be able to handle. Gamecube Re-badge ROFL.[/citation]
CChick, How much would you want for your dust collecting piece of garbage Wii? My wife wants rock band beatles but I'm not about to spend $200 or more on a new system to just play one game!

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]kamar6[/nom]CChick, How much would you want for your dust collecting piece of garbage Wii? My wife wants rock band beatles but I'm not about to spend $200 or more on a new system to just play one game![/citation]

Pay me 250 I sell it to you.

Seriously, I know Wii is garbage even before I bought it, the reason I still "get it" is that I collect systems, I got all consoles since 1985.

My advise to you use get a PS3. Think of it, You will get a Blu-Ray Player, Media server, and one of the best console.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]underapew[/nom]If you have the money get all 3 consoles - if ya only have $200, get a refurbed 360 - most bang 4 your buck.My thoughts[/citation]

Huh? Spend $200 on a refurb OLD-most likely will DIE, limited warranty 360? Thats the best way to waste $200!

$300 gets a new Xbox... but $300 for a PS3 is a better deal.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
A Wii at 199.99 is a bargin if your a kid who likes kiddy games like MArio Brothers. They had a great idea with the motion controller but the companys that signed up for producing games droped the ball big time. Now that both PS3 and 360 will have motion by next year the Wii seems useless at this point. It had it's run, but i think it's aabout over for the chump.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
As some one who is a PC/Wii/PS3 owner I can offer a valid opinion.... I enjoy all that I have in different ways. There are some great games for the Wii but only if you know what kind of games you like. If your a graphics ho stay away. PS3 is great for a couple of games and media playback from hell (it can play almost anything on a disk aside from a few obscure formats.) On the PC side of things its all about FPS and RTS and RPG's for me. Wii for Puzzles and some action games.

Status
Not open for further replies.