Nintendo: Our Next Console Likely Won't Be 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Nope. If the next gen console is another wii..forget it.

I really hope Nintendo steps up and gets a better console and better hardware, software,and games.

NO MORE third-party garbage anymore, and bring back the REAL classics.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I'm not going to buy a new TV in the foreseeable future. So no, thank you.

I'm a PC gamer at heart, but I bought a Wii for the party games, Super Mario and GameCube backwards compatibility. I'm still pleased with my purchase even though there are only a handful of good games for the system and HD support would have been nice...
The ability to put one of those Wiimotes into the hands of a non-gamer and play some stupid party game is awesome. Being able to play Super Mario Galaxy is just priceless.

Sorry Sony. Solid Snake might have been the main character in one of the best games ever made, but he just can't bring back the same childhood memories as Super Mario.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
what I really want to see with the next wii is a motion system accurate enough to have an enjoyable experience playing FPS's like CoD. Sure you can play CoD on the current wii, but it really doesn't give you the most precise of aiming.

I wanna be able to point the barrel of the gun at the screen, and have confidence that It will actually shoot at what I'm aiming at.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]look up "wii vr pc mod" it should be the first video. i would pay close to 500$ for that on current wii graphics.[/citation]

Holy...

I want one!

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I get a hint of Nintendo here suggesting that they wouldn't put 3D on a console due to the requirement of glasses. Perhaps.

So when 3D TV's get to that stage where glasses aren't required.. I think it'll tempt them. And me, also.

Not going to bother with 3D until then.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Good; I can't STAND 3D. All dimmed out, have to look strait on... Until they do it RIGHT without glasses; it won't be worth it to me. Plus, last I remember, over 20% of the public has a problem with stereo-tropic vision anyhow.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]would love to see a wicked deep 3D old school Mario side scroller.[/citation]
I reckon there's a good chance you'll see one or two on 3DS.
And when it does happen... 3DS' will fly off the shelves.

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
no, never. 3d is another gimmick, to get ppl to buy MORE TV's. common ppl. Plus I will NEVER have anything 3d. I'm getting seasick, and I once saw a 3d demo of something and IMMEDIATELY my stomach started rolling in my belly, ready to launch anything in it if i didn't RIP those glasses of.
*POINT*
how many ppl get seasick. Can any of those watch 3d then? so no. gimmick, not a real advancement, sorry.
Lets get those phosphor screens advanced(tube tech shrunk, like plasma is trying to do) so we can play our gaming consoles without INPUT LAG instead, plus get real colours again, instead of all this washed out LCD crap :(

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doped[/nom]I'm getting seasick, and I once saw a 3d demo of something and IMMEDIATELY my stomach started rolling in my belly[/citation]
Was it Pirates Of The Caribbean? The Perfect Storm? The Poseidon Adventure?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]i would not buy a 3d nintendo wii. i would not buy any wii unless they put a decent hardware in it, something that can handle 1080p.[/citation]
I think it will be hilarious if the next Nintendo console is a Total Immersion Virtual Reality set.

Status
Not open for further replies.