News Nintendo Switch 2 (Nintendo Switch Pro) release , specs, rumors and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2022
Just to clear something up because I’ve seen it around many sites lately.
The Nintendo switch does support audio via Bluetooth with out the need to an adapter.
To enable it. Please follow these instructions.
Settings> Bluetooth audio > add device and follow the on screen instructions.
Also note that this is only available from patch 13.0.0 and above.

Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

paul.nicolezim

Estimable
Oct 25, 2017
"with 4K TVs now becoming prolific "
Welcome to 6 years ago. What do you mean "now becoming"? This has been the case since the WiiU days. Weird writing here.

Mar 25, 2023
I'd disagree about battery life. While Switch v1 did indeed lack good battery life, the v2 (and even more so the v2 OLED) has phenomenal battery life.

Even the most demanding AAA games get 5 hours minimum on max brightness, max volume with wifi enabled. Other games like Final Fantasy IX have been clocked at over TEN HOURS.

So I don't think it's correct to say the Switch is lacking in that regard. Steamdeck gets less than half the battery life of Switch OLED, for comparison (I would know- I own both).

Mar 28, 2023
Sorry but this is total fantasy. No developers have been sent Switch 2 dev kits as of March 2023 and Nintendo won’t do anything to risk the massive expected sales of TotK (and ancillary boost to OLED) expected throughout 2023. Soonest we’ll get an announcement on new hardware is 2024, for a possible 2024 release, but at the speed they’re going that could be 2025. Either way we’ll likely see the launch include several first party titles they’ve held back, including tentpole Mario, a classic Zelda remaster, and either Donkey Kong or Metroid Prime or possibly both. I’d also put money on a 4K remaster of the two latest Zelda games but we’ll see.

Apr 7, 2023
Sorry but this is total fantasy. No developers have been sent Switch 2 dev kits as of March 2023 and Nintendo won’t do anything to risk the massive expected sales of TotK (and ancillary boost to OLED) expected throughout 2023. Soonest we’ll get an announcement on new hardware is 2024, for a possible 2024 release, but at the speed they’re going that could be 2025. Either way we’ll likely see the launch include several first party titles they’ve held back, including tentpole Mario, a classic Zelda remaster, and either Donkey Kong or Metroid Prime or possibly both. I’d also put money on a 4K remaster of the two latest Zelda games but we’ll see.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...witch-2-dev-kits-reportedly-sent-game-studios

blitzkrieg316

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
The switch 2 just needs to be more powerful (obviously), backwards compatible w/ performance increase (obviously), and NFC for playing on a tv that doesn't have a dock.

The visuals should easily be PS4 (10 years ago) level at this point. Have the games run on reduced performance depending on the application. 100% docked, 70% NFC (no screen), 50% handheld. Very simple and Nintendo can easily pull it off.

May 1, 2023
Eh .. I wish that Nintendo get their next handheld SOC from APPLE .. the M2/3 Chip will outperform anything Nvidia could offer on low voltage SOCs

Jul 29, 2023
The switch 2 just needs to be more powerful (obviously), backwards compatible w/ performance increase (obviously), and NFC for playing on a tv that doesn't have a dock.

The visuals should easily be PS4 (10 years ago) level at this point. Have the games run on reduced performance depending on the application. 100% docked, 70% NFC (no screen), 50% handheld. Very simple and Nintendo can easily pull it off.
What on earth are you talking about? NFC has a range of under two inches (hence "near-field communication") and bandwidth measured in KB. It can't be used to transmit video output.

Aug 13, 2023
Hi there,

Regarding a release date I believe (as I've done some research), that the Nintendo Cross as I am lovingly calling it... will be released in 2024 in the first quarter, between March 15th in the morning (Sensho Day), and April 19th/2024 in the morning (Sensho day). My reasoning behind this is historically, the Consoles ARE released on a Friday. The ones that weren't were not as popular but still popular.

If Nintendo is going for a holiday preorder release, their best days are:

The 11th of October (Taian day: lucky all day)
The 25th of October (Sensho day: Lucky all morning)
The 8th of November (Taian day: lucky all day)
The 22nd of November (Sensho day: Lucky all morning)

but I don't see it coming in December because they would want the holiday month free for shipping.

As for an actual release in Holidays 2024, I'd say: The 13th of December so Orders can ship on time, though unlikely given shipping delays.

As for the announcement, it should happen 6 months before the release date in the Nintendo Direct Video, which makes either September 13th or 20th 2023 or June 6th or 12th or 20th or 26th / 2024 the most likely Directs for announcement, as they land on Wed or Thurs.

Given that June has too many possibilities, I'd say we'll have it by March or April 2024 most likely, but I'd be surprised for a Holiday Announcement.

Source 1 see : https://www.seiyaku.com/customs/rokuyo.php (see
REF 1: March 3rd/2017 nintendo switch released (Sensho Day: Lucky in morning)
REF 2: September 20th/ 2019 switch lite released (Taian Day: Lucky all day)
REF 3: October 8th / 2021 OLED Released (Sensho Day: Lucky in morning)

Aug 13, 2023
Hi there,

Regarding a release date I believe (as I've done some research), that the Nintendo Cross as I am lovingly calling it... will be released in 2024 in the first quarter, between March 15th in the morning (Sensho Day), and April 19th/2024 in the morning (Sensho day). My reasoning behind this is historically, the Consoles ARE released on a Friday. The ones that weren't were not as popular but still popular.

If Nintendo is going for a holiday preorder release, their best days are:

The 11th of October (Taian day: lucky all day)
The 25th of October (Sensho day: Lucky all morning)
The 8th of November (Taian day: lucky all day)
The 22nd of November (Sensho day: Lucky all morning)

but I don't see it coming in December because they would want the holiday month free for shipping.

As for an actual release in Holidays 2024, I'd say: The 13th of December so Orders can ship on time, though unlikely given shipping delays.

As for the announcement, it should happen 6 months before the release date in the Nintendo Direct Video, which makes either September 13th or 20th 2023 or June 6th or 12th or 20th or 26th / 2024 the most likely Directs for announcement, as they land on Wed or Thurs.

Given that June has too many possibilities, I'd say we'll have it by March or April 2024 most likely, but I'd be surprised for a Holiday Announcement.

Source 1 see : https://www.seiyaku.com/customs/rokuyo.php (see
REF 1: March 3rd/2017 nintendo switch released (Sensho Day: Lucky in morning)
REF 2: September 20th/ 2019 switch lite released (Taian Day: Lucky all day)
REF 3: October 8th / 2021 OLED Released (Sensho Day: Lucky in morning)
One more mention... It would happen AEST time. The holiday preorder is for 2024 estimates too. They also almost always announce stuff on the Nintendo Direct at 8am AEST (lucky in the morning).

Aug 20, 2023
"The Nintendo Switch 2 could get an LCD display from Sharp, but if that's the case it could be dissipating since we already have the Switch OLED. "

Im assuming this is a typo, disappointing?
"But advancements by AMD, as seen with the Valve Stream Deck, could put Team Red with an outside chance of providing the silicon for a next-generation Switch. But we’d still err on the side of Nvidia."

They called the Steam Deck a Stream Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.