Nintendo Switch: Here's What the Critics Are Saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

sony jim

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Sadly Nintendo keeps giving me these absurd gimmick laden products with a short content starved life span. I don't want another dead end platform sitting in my cupboard.

I'm over stupid 'Reggie', hate their consumer unfriendly pricing for games, bored with the same-old same-old game selection and tired of Nintendo's controlling nature with a complete lack of freedom and flexibility. It just isn't doing it for me anymore so I've Switched off... I think PC is the way I'll go now. I'm done with Nintendo.

Karyyk

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
I don't get it...it's great hardware (seems to be what everyone is saying), but it breaks (stand) or doesn't work (left analog stick). That doesn't sound great to me.

My biggest concern is the complete lack of anything resembling a plan concerning the online aspects, aside from that it's not going to be free and will probably have to run on your phone. That makes me wonder if the real reason for the phone-based online app is because the system itself doesn't have the extra overhead to make it happen.

I thought for sure that the switch would be a must buy for me (the Wii and Wii U were, and I regret neither), but this song and dance is getting tired. I'm taking a wait and see attitude to see what they come up with. I don't feel like paying for the privilege of beta testing (which assumes you'll be able to get one at launch...Nintendo loves their "shortages").

Graybush

Estimable
I'm also taking a wait and see approach to the Switch, and to see if this console platform is something I want as a part of my lifestyle. I really like the idea of it, and I'm especially excited for Breath of The Wild to come out, but I'd like to see what other developers are making for this platform before I invest in a 1st Gen Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.