Nintendo Wii Wins Amazon Holiday Sales Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
People must be smoking crack during holidays.

Wii? come on, that system is garbage. Can't people still get them. if anybody gets me a Wii I will just tell them straight up that they're such f-ing dumb asses.

G

Chickon must be an ms employ or with less annoyance a Sony fan. Nintendo is like football the real football loved world wide by billions and slowly taking over the US. chickon Nintendo had the best game lineup 2010 period.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]People must be smoking crack during holidays.Wii? come on, that system is garbage. Can't people still get them. if anybody gets me a Wii I will just tell them straight up that they're such f-ing dumb asses.[/citation]

I gotta agree I own a Wii, PS3, and an Xbox, Only time the Wii gets used is when the family comes over to play bowling while they're here before supper or something. Its a system for casual gamers; and i have to say, the PS3 Move is pretty slick compared to the Wii controls.

I prefer my PC for the quality of games and more so the mods, but for multiplayer it is hard to beat Xbox Live.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
wii outsells other BECAUSE it is for casual gaming. consoles in general are garbage but its the most appealing console to most peopel and not seen as a geeky/"hardcore" (hurts to use that word on cosoles)

its liek cars, i liek muscle cars and love my camaro... but there will always be more toyota camry's and honda civics than camaros it does what most people want out of a car its cheaper and works well

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]It's not hard to beat xbox live at all. Every other medium is free. Xbox live loses in my book.I just sold both my 360s.[/citation]

1. Not everyone needs XBox Live. 2. I paid $35 for a one-year Gold membership. 3. XBox live is just better than the rest (I also own a Wii/PS3), so I don't mind paying $35 for it, even though I rarely use the Gold portion.

So yes, it is hard to beat XBox Live, that is why it has the biggest online community of the 3 consoles.

G

My god this report is bogus. The Amazon top 100 in Video Games went up and down. There were 3 weeks where 160GB PS3 was at number 12 and no other console was near it. Xbox 360 was at like 50 and Wii was at like 20.

The Wii totally did dominate though, in software and hardware it spent more time at the top. Xbox dead last except for the kinect which IMO is junk.

Wii is still great, I still say that Wii is the best Family gaming console and the PS3 is the best hardcore console, PS3 owns 360 simply because of exclusives, blu ray, free online play and internet browser.

amoghthegamer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
[citation][nom]realitynow[/nom]Chickon must be an ms employ or with less annoyance a Sony fan. Nintendo is like football the real football loved world wide by billions and slowly taking over the US. chickon Nintendo had the best game lineup 2010 period.[/citation]

and your a good for nothing Nintendo Fanboy. The Wii isn't that great. But Its still a remarkable piece of technology. It had the best lineup of games? Your on crack. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 are far superior and they had the best games of 2010 and nearly all years they have been around. The average rating for a Wii game is 5.4 according to Game Pro, the average score for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are 8.3 and 7.6 respectively.

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Too bad the Wii has a terrible software attach rate to it. The DS is really Nintendo's cash cow, not the Wii. It gives a subpar gaming experience other than those games made by Nintendo.

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Hardcore gamers, here's your chance: be seen here "dissing" the Wii to get your "hArdc0r3 l33t gamerz cArD" renewed. Seriously, being a fanboi for one particular console 'cause it's made by a multibillion dollar company that produces mediocre PC software or a mediocre electronics company doesn't make it or, you, "hardcore". In my world you would be referred to as a Tool. No one in their right mind can call me casual (been gaming since the 2600), and believe it or not, I actually still play my Wii - a lot. I guess that's one of the few convenient things about being older - not having to prove to my pre-pubescent friends that I'm "mature" by what console(s) I own.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]amoghthegamer[/nom]and your a good for nothing Nintendo Fanboy. The Wii isn't that great. But Its still a remarkable piece of technology. It had the best lineup of games? Your on crack. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 are far superior and they had the best games of 2010 and nearly all years they have been around. The average rating for a Wii game is 5.4 according to Game Pro, the average score for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are 8.3 and 7.6 respectively.[/citation]

The Wii isn't that great, but it's remarkable? Where did you learn English? How can that make sense to you?

G

I think after the 3DS comes in march, Nintendo will start making sales. The 3DS already got 3rd party support so I think it will do pretty well. As far E3 goes, I think Nintendo may announce a new console that could rival xbox and ps3 processor. The only reason why xbox and ps3 jump in the casual market is b/c Nintendo was successful in that area. When Nintendo is successful, Sony and microsoft follows suit....it's as simple as that.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]amoghthegamer[/nom]and your a good for nothing Nintendo Fanboy. The Wii isn't that great. But Its still a remarkable piece of technology. It had the best lineup of games? Your on crack. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 are far superior and they had the best games of 2010 and nearly all years they have been around. The average rating for a Wii game is 5.4 according to Game Pro, the average score for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are 8.3 and 7.6 respectively.[/citation]
the wii had the best lineup in 2010 period.

i can't even think of three exclusives for either consoles that was good enough to choose between the two

bobisgod

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]realitynow[/nom]Chickon must be an ms employ or with less annoyance a Sony fan. Nintendo is like football the real football loved world wide by billions and slowly taking over the US. chickon Nintendo had the best game lineup 2010 period.[/citation]
That has to be the most retarded comment ever written. American football is superior to SOCCER in every way shape and form. Plus, the wii is only losing ground in the US. The time of the wii was in 2007 where just about every family played it. How many people now talk about playing the wii? Oh thats right, like none. And like the commenters above me, the wii games are total works of shit compared to PS3 XBOX or PC games. Basically everything you said is the opposite of what's true. Good job dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.