Nissan Unveils Hybrid Vehicle, Promises All-electric Car By 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"The car will be powered by "advanced lithium-ion batteries""

Just wait until a few years after they release this vehicle and attempt to make it more affordable for customers by lowering manufacturing costs. We're sure to see some 'advanced' laptop-like explosions then. lol.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Batteries only get better, not worse.

The ICE is at it's limit, it's improvements are incremental and almost always involve more fuel and cost performance. Six years from now no one in their right mind is going to be buying an ICE only vehicle.

G

It's inexplicable how Nissan can know the details of the batery pack (weights, etc) and claim they don't know what the driving range will be. Believe me - once they know the battery type and its weight, they know what the driving range will be. Obviously , the range is not very impressive. Mitsubishi's EV will have a measley 100 mile range and a $20,000 battery and a $40,000 price tag. The car isbasically equivalent to a $11,000 gas powered job. Oh, yeah, they'll sell a WHOLE lot of those babies. Sorry, folks, I'll wait until bateries become practical or buy a Chevy Volt - it can achieve as much emissions / gasoline avoidance as the Mitsubishi can and can take me anywhere I want to go, anytime I want to go there, and have a 150,000 mile battery warranty. And cost less than the Mitsubishi. You'd have to be totally braindead to pick the Mitsubishi.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
ANyone else think the EV prototype (escape velocity? lmao) looks almost exactly like a Scion xB... What the hell is it with nearly all hybrids looking like lunchboxes on wheels? (o.k... maybe not nearly all but...still, c'mon design guys, make a car people will actually want to buy based on looks) There has to be a practical way to meld form and function, there has to ! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.