No audio from my Sony TV when I connect MSI Laptop

Apolos

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
When I used to connect my Laptop to the tv it used to work with audio and everything, but IDK what happened my tv stopped providing audio for anything I do on the laptop, all the audio is coming out from the laptop not the tv.
I searched on tomsguide and I found a lot of people having the same problem, but I Could not found a solution for myself because:
I can not set my tv audio as default in the playback settings.
I checked device manager and also checked for my drivers updates, but nothing different.
I connected my HDMI cable with other device and it work fine with my tv.
So their is a problem with my Laptop
please help.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot the laptop after uninstalling the driver and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do set the TV or look for HDMI as the default playback device.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices. Once open right click on the name of your TV or HDMI and select Set Defaults. Click Apply and OK then test it again.
- If it will still not work do also a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot the laptop after uninstalling the driver and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do set the TV or look for HDMI as the default playback device.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices. Once open right click on the name of your TV or HDMI and select Set Defaults. Click Apply and OK then test it again.
- If it will still not work do also a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Solution

Apolos

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Thank you so much for your help I will check it out and see if it work.