No audio output on Samsung LCD

ItWasButADream

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
In a nutshell:
I'm looking to start using headphones so I can watch DVDs at night without being too loud. The only problem is, there doesn't seem to be a headphone jack on my TV (the model number is LN32D403E4D). I asked if I could use a USB adaptor but was told that even that wouldn't work since the USB port on that particular TV was "out" only. I thought of wireless headphones, but I'm not even sure if that would suffice. Called the Samsung hotline, but I've gotten conflicting stories from the people there, some saying nothing would work, some saying Bluetooth headphones would work). I've had someone tell me a home theater receiver would work as well.
Any advice? Is it hopeless? What do you all think?

Solution
That TV has really bad connectivity. I didn't see any reference to bluetooth in the user's manual. There are no audio outputs and I didn't see that it supported ARC on HDMI. I think you out of luck getting sound out of that TV. The best you could do is use a surround receiver to get all your inputs to something that COULD have headphones and then use the TV as a monitor only. If you use the TV tuner, then you would have to buy an additional TV tuner that has HDMI output to get TV audio.

kanewolf

Judicious
That TV has really bad connectivity. I didn't see any reference to bluetooth in the user's manual. There are no audio outputs and I didn't see that it supported ARC on HDMI. I think you out of luck getting sound out of that TV. The best you could do is use a surround receiver to get all your inputs to something that COULD have headphones and then use the TV as a monitor only. If you use the TV tuner, then you would have to buy an additional TV tuner that has HDMI output to get TV audio.

Solution