Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Hardware:
Toshiba Satellite L645d
OEM Windows 7
8 GB DDR3 Ram

When Windows 10 upgrade was offered at no charge I installed 10
Which somehow I lost ability to reset to out-of-box state. Installation was successful however OS became infected by virus to the point of needing to do full reinstall which I had to download and create another win 10 install via win 10 media creation tool (USB). After install all seemed fine except if USB drive was not in system wouldn't boot it would say check cable connection . No OS detected If usb drive was in it would say hit any key to boot from usb if I did not press any key it boot into windows and appear to work fine.
Attempted to install Ubuntu alongside. System would not boot after restart. Bios splash comes up. Then again Check cable connection - no OS detected. Have tried numerous windows installs. Linux installs unable to boot as well. Ubuntu in start up says something about broke bios. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
That was a very informative well wrote guide however very familiar with that and I used a 30gb drive created with windows 10 media creation tool and have also tried creating with Rufus a usb from ISO obtained from MS. Even went as far as deleting ALL partitions and zero'ing out entire HDD. Both times windows appears to install normal however will not restart from HDD even when selecting it in bios. Tried rebuilding MBR and the weird thing is out of dos command shell ( booting from usb -> troubleshooting > command prompt ) execute bootrec.exe /scanos finds no windows installations how ever c: dir shows windows as I would expect to see it. And also attempted to install Ubuntu which works well from live usb after installing it has similar results .... Will not boot from HDD ...... HELP

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
It seems to be a common problem with the Windows 10 update.
I found this on another forum and you should give it a try

1. Disable secure / fast boot
2. Reboot BIOS
3. Enable CMS Boot

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Very few options available in the BIOS unfortunately, I have tried every possible combination available with no success. I would like to flash BIOS however there doesn't seem to be anyway to do this without windows running

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Removed usb yes, as for those options they are all run out of windows which unfortunately will not boot. It is an insyde bios I do remeber from previous bios update an option to create a CD to start from however when I attempted to do this on another machine ( non toshiba laptop ) it would freeze the machine up probably because. It realized it was an incorrect bios

Colif

Distinguished
odd the bios only lets you do it from within windows, i would have thought it would have an inbuilt flash utility in bios. the insyde process listed is an exe, i think it actually installs the bios instead of making a cd, that would explain why PC froze.

if there is nothing on the hdd you trying to install onto, I would try a clean install using guide below and try to get it booting without the USB: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Well again deleted all partitions on HDD leaving unallocated space attempted install with usb created windows 10 media creation tool - no success windows appears through out installation to be goin A OK but when restarting loops right back around to installation screen - attempted taking usb drive out only to get the - NO OS detected screen ...... Ughhh someone has to have an answer here no???

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

Android_noob

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
This is an .exe ( update ) I do not know how I'm going to be able to use an application like this because windows will not boot. I have tried to install these updates via command prompt when booted up with windows installation. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.