Solved! No Display Help

Jun 7, 2018
I have an Alienware 15 R2 Laptop. I can’t afford any kind of repairs. I was watching a video a couple of days ago when my computer suddenly shut down. Since then, whenever I start up my laptop the LED for the power button lights up, but nothing else happens. No fans, no display, nothing. There seems to be a slight sound, like the fans are trying to start, sometimes when I try to turn it on, but usually not. I have completely disassembled the laptop to remove the battery in order to try to drain the battery, as I read online that might help, and, of course, nothing. I have removed both memory sticks and have tried booting with neither, one, and both of them, and nothing changed each time. I tried resetting CMOS by touching the two points with a flat screwdriver at the same time - nothing. I’ve pretty much done everything I have thought of and seen online except replace the motherboard, because I don’t have a replacement, I have no idea the cost, and I don’t even know if I need to.

If anyone can help, please do. I really need my pc for work. Thanks.

Note: I must disassemble most of the computer to reach the battery, and then reassemble most of it to have access to the power button.

Solution

Would need to test with a working/new motherboard. No beeps with no RAM is a good sign the motherboard is bad.

Would need to test with a working/new motherboard. No beeps with no RAM is a good sign the motherboard is bad.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS