No Internet, No Reason

UnhappyDellD630

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I have had this glitch (and I know it's a glitch) with my DELL laptop. I have to manually right-click the wifi icon (bottom right of screen), troubleshoot/fix the disconnection issue, and sometimes...I have to restart my computer in order to automatically connect. I am somewhat used to it by now, but this is bulls**t. What next? I know it's a glitch, because I shouldn't have to do what I just said in order to connect to the internet. I do understand that sometimes, the wifi does go out (it happens). Seldom does mine ever do. I cannot wait to get a newer, better laptop (and not another DELL, from what I have read). Any opinions/suggestion?

Solution
First suggestion - check in Device Manager for the Properties of the wireless adapter and check under the Power Management tab to see if there's a tick in "Allow this device to turn off to save power." If there is, remove it, click Apply and OK your way out.

Try that one first- it might work.
First suggestion - check in Device Manager for the Properties of the wireless adapter and check under the Power Management tab to see if there's a tick in "Allow this device to turn off to save power." If there is, remove it, click Apply and OK your way out.

Try that one first- it might work.

Solution

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
if you upgraded to windows 10 from another version, try reapplying drivers of the wireless. I have seen some problems with windows 10 and wireless cards which got solved by reinstalling drivers.