No life on Acer Aspire One ZG5 battery at all?

serth

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hi Guys

I have recently been given a 2nd hand Acer Aspire One ZG5 with windows installed on it. It works fine with the power plugged in, both with the battery connected, and without. However, no matter how long i charge the battery, i cannot use the laptop without the power plugged in, not even for a second.

To me, a battery would still work after a full charge, even if it is knackered. I may be wrong though.

Am i correct in thinking that the battery is absolutely dead, and it's time to buy a new one, or is it more likely that there is a faulty connector to/from the battery?

Thanks in advance for your answers - PCs are more my thing, laptops are a whole new playing field to me!

~Serth

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
what information does your os tell you about the battery? does it detect that it is there? does it tell you the battery is charging? if it does then this would suggest that you have no battery connection problems and that unfortunately you do indeed have a knackered battery.

Lizzydriptin

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
I too have had the same problem except it tells me no battery detected, don't want to purchase a new battery if it isn't going to detect that either, any thoughts?

eddie_36

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Yes, I have the same issue with my Acer did you find a solution?