Solved! No luck with Toshiba and unamped indoor antenna. 2 different ones. Mohan and Monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2018
Trying to get some TV reception for older relatives moving into an assisted living apt. I think I could save them their cable bill. Tried all possible TV settings. Couldn't find an auto scan/program. Did a manual scan. I wonder if I'm in the wrong frequency? Within 10-12 mi of broadcasters.The prefixes are mostly 89-1. Indpls. area. Antenna is selected. I took the antenna home and it worked fine. My prefixes were 59-. I wonder if I gave up to soon?

Nov 29, 2018
Don't know. Shoudn't matter. Somehow I have to find the auto programming feature. Then it can scan everything. I did notice it said weak digital signal. After watching a Toshiba help video, I'm wondering if there's one more step to getting into 'antenna.' Will try again today. The help video showed settings boxes much like I found. I'll try to glean a model #.

Nov 29, 2018
Gave it one more try yesterday and found an auto programming setting I had missed. Manually I hadn't scanned the whole spectrum. They now have 8 channels. Was hoping for 20. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS