No means NO

pissedoff55yoguy

Honorable
Sep 28, 2017
Can someone Please tell me wtf is going on with devices like: Progressive Insuance's little dodad u plug into diagnostic port under your dash..... OR ... those CPAP / BIPAP devices you wear over your nose/mouth at night to help you breath - for example.

I have a Netgear router, (& before that, a Linksys) that are set up to require password to log on. (typical format for home enviroment) Thus, I would expect NO DEVICE should be able to access it and get Free piggy-back rides to the internet via wi-fi!

Yesterday, I got a call from my medical equip provider, informing me that she had Successfully (sp) Re-programed my cpap unit & it should be working fine now! WTF? I have the unit set up w/ NO info about my WiFi, & furthermore the S.O.B. is in AIRPLANE MODE!

We have no OPEN WiFi accts in this area (too many stingy bsttds) & the units in question (see below story too) have No data plans via cell towers, etc....

As for Progressive Ins. They send you a gizmo u plug into your cars diagnostic port. It records your driving habits - for hopefully lower insurance.
About 3 wks after installing the plug in device - Progressive agent calls us & provides discount based on driving habits. AGAIN, - no open wifi @ home, on expressway, or in underground garage. (NOTE: for this one, MAYBE - there is a 2% possibility i pass an OPEN acct, where it might log on w/out my knowledge, (from down low, under my metal dash) - HOWEVER!.... when I setmy phone to scan for an OPEN ssid acct - in transit, there are NONE!

Now,.... I put my cell phone on AIRPLANE MODE @ home, and DAMNIT - Its worse than a Woman, blab, blab, blab..... I find updates are done, & other various things. When does No mean NO? (ie I set wifi to OFF, yet when I wake up at x:30am to go take a leak - The damn WiFi is Switched back ON!

Ive noticed similar things happen w/my Data services. However, Ive found if I set the LIMITS below what Ive already used before shutting down the DATA, it thwarts its ability from streming data from what I can see.

Q1. Is there an app that wont invade my privacy, while KILLING ALL RADIOS in my Galaxy Tablet (for example) without killing my battery?

Q2. WTH is going on? When does No mean NO. ? Its obvious that we have NO control over our devices, & when Apple, or Mr Samsung decide they want their produvcts to have access to the web - We, the Consumers, who in most cases have to work many hours to afford these products have LITTLE to NO SAY WHATSOEVER when it comes to connectivity. (shouldnt leave out Bluetooth, or Location setting either. They are just as bad.

Q3 I believe WE THE PEOPLE hold all the cards here - IF (lol), IF we can put these damn things down long enuf to cripple the Giants to a point of submission. When my daughter says NO to a boy - It sure as hell dont mean Dont, unless you want to. It means NO!

Even when our phones or tablets are powered down (OFF) The FACT Remains- "they" have a VARIETY of ways to turn on & off our phones w/out our knowledge or permission. AND
They can turn our cameras (Front AND/or Back) on & off at (their) will, AND
They can activate our microphones at will ....
(This sounds a LOT like Communism tactics used in China & Russia) DONT LAUGH - Your personal & civil rights ARE & HAVE BEEN - (not abused) - but TAKEN FROM YOU & I. Worse yet, taken from our children! What kind of state will they be forced to live iñ after We are gone?

Do you really think this is the end of these kinds of issues? NOT

So Im asking, usíng techniques, or Apps, - What can I do (other than making a faraday cage out of my 60's era metal Batman lunchbox I use to tote to the 3rd grade?

If suggesting Apps, Kindly suggest apps that will not violate my privacy.
Who wouldnt pay 1.00 for TRUE PRIVACY - not this fake sh*t they have now!

Most Gratefully

pissedoff55yoguy

Honorable
Sep 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pissedoff55yoguy : "No means NO (RE: Wi-Fi & DATA)"

Can someone Please tell me wtf is going on with devices like: Progressive Insuance's little dodad u plug into diagnostic port under your dash..... OR ... those CPAP / BIPAP devices you wear over your nose/mouth at night to help you breath - for example.

I have a Netgear router, (& before that, a Linksys) that are set up to require password to log on. (typical format for home enviroment) Thus, I would expect NO DEVICE should be able to access it and get Free piggy-back rides to the internet via wi-fi!

Yesterday, I got a call from my medical equip provider, informing me that she had Successfully (sp) Re-programed my cpap unit & it should be working fine now! WTF? I have the unit set up w/ NO info about my WiFi, & furthermore the S.O.B. is in AIRPLANE MODE!

We have no OPEN WiFi accts in this area (too many stingy bsttds) & the units in question (see below story too) have No data plans via cell towers, etc....

As for Progressive Ins. They send you a gizmo u plug into your cars diagnostic port. It records your driving habits - for hopefully lower insurance.
About 3 wks after installing the plug in device - Progressive agent calls us & provides discount based on driving habits. AGAIN, - no open wifi @ home, on expressway, or in underground garage. (NOTE: for this one, MAYBE - there is a 2% possibility i pass an OPEN acct, where it might log on w/out my knowledge, (from down low, under my metal dash) - HOWEVER!.... when I setmy phone to scan for an OPEN ssid acct - in transit, there are NONE!

Now,.... I put my cell phone on AIRPLANE MODE @ home, and DAMNIT - Its worse than a Woman, blab, blab, blab..... I find updates are done, & other various things. When does No mean NO? (ie I set wifi to OFF, yet when I wake up at x:30am to go take a leak - The damn WiFi is Switched back ON!

Ive noticed similar things happen w/my Data services. However, Ive found if I set the LIMITS below what Ive already used before shutting down the DATA, it thwarts its ability from streming data from what I can see.

Q1. Is there an app that wont invade my privacy, while KILLING ALL RADIOS in my Galaxy Tablet (for example) without killing my battery?

Q2. WTH is going on? When does No mean NO. ? Its obvious that we have NO control over our devices, & when Apple, or Mr Samsung decide they want their produvcts to have access to the web - We, the Consumers, who in most cases have to work many hours to afford these products have LITTLE to NO SAY WHATSOEVER when it comes to connectivity. (shouldnt leave out Bluetooth, or Location setting either. They are just as bad.

Q3 I believe WE THE PEOPLE hold all the cards here - IF (lol), IF we can put these damn things down long enuf to cripple the Giants to a point of submission. When my daughter says NO to a boy - It sure as hell dont mean Dont, unless you want to. It means NO!

Even when our phones or tablets are powered down (OFF) The FACT Remains- "they" have a VARIETY of ways to turn on & off our phones w/out our knowledge or permission. AND
They can turn our cameras (Front AND/or Back) on & off at (their) will, AND
They can activate our microphones at will ....
(This sounds a LOT like Communism tactics used in China & Russia) DONT LAUGH - Your personal & civil rights ARE & HAVE BEEN - (not abused) - but TAKEN FROM YOU & I. Worse yet, taken from our children! What kind of state will they be forced to live iñ after We are gone?

Do you really think this is the end of these kinds of issues? NOT

So Im asking, usíng techniques, or Apps, - What can I do (other than making a faraday cage out of my 60's era metal Batman lunchbox I use to tote to the 3rd grade?

If suggesting Apps, Kindly suggest apps that will not violate my privacy.
Who wouldnt pay 1.00 for TRUE PRIVACY - not this fake sh*t they have now!

Most Gratefully