No option to set up G-Sync?

Jason_124

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I have recently bought a Scan 3XS laptop with a G-sync enabled display however I can't find any way of enabling it.

Is this normal? If not, how do I get it to work?

Cheers in advance!

Jason_124

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that in the Nvidia control panel there is no option to set up G-Sync. I have the latest drivers and my laptop has a G-Sync display.

knotten14

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I had the same problem, and i believe it's because your integrated GPU is the main GPU, and the powerful GPU (GTX 1060 in my case) is meant to enable when doing more heavy stuff like gaming. This is to conserve battery and maybe to control heat, idk. The way i fixed this was going into the BIOS when you turn your computer on, advanced tab, and switching MSHybrid to Descret. This seems to have disabled the integraded GPU, at least in my case, and the screen is running directly off the Nvidia 1060 GPU. Now when i open nvidia control panel i have options for G-sync and a load of other stuff, as before i only had the "3D settings" tab.

ultra_male

Prominent
Jan 17, 2019

Exactly, G-SYNC cannot work in MSHYBRID (meaning when the Intel GPU is also active) that's why he has no GSYNC.

On a side note on my MSI GT75 Titan 8RG laptop which has GSYNC as well I had the same issue even though I have no integrated Intel GPU but a simple BIOS update fixed it and I was then able to see the GSYNC option in the nVIDIA Control Panel.