Solved! No "oumpf sound" after updating my windows 8 to windows 10

Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

I reccently upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 and my logitech headset(g635) cant provide me the sound i had in windows 8.

I have GHUB installed for logitech headset and all my hardware is the same as it was from windows 8.
So my 7.1 surround is enable in GHUB and the test works fine with the left channel, left surround channel, left rear surround channel etc.

But when i launch any type of game, i tried tomb raider, assassin creed and a bunch of games i have, i cant ear any "OUMPF" sounds coming from my headset BUT the surround is working i mean i can ear when something happen behind me or to the left or to the right.
Thing is their is no "depth" in my sound anymore.

It was really good when i was on windows 8 but windows 10 seems to screw this up.

I even upgraded (got the g633) to g635 but both have the same problem with windows 10

If any one have a idea of this wierd problem please let me know

Thx for your time and sorry for my english

Jul 6, 2019
Hello Helpstar,

First, thank you for your answer and your time,

I have installed the latest version of GHUB => 2019.6.21.486

The gaming software is the old version of GHUB now and it doesnt support my new headset i'm upgraded it from g633 to g635

Thing is sometime the signature of the pilote is "microsoft windows" and the version is like 10.0.1... something and sometimes its "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" and the version is 2018.3.98.0

Its like 2 people fighting to get the first install for driver, i dont understand why.

Again thank you for your time.

Jul 6, 2019
Hello helpstar,

My windows is actually Version 1903 (version OS 18362.207) and its up to date, no available update for now.

the chipset and USB drivers of the motherboard is installed by microsoft when i first install windows. (my motherboard is a maximus ranger 7, and i installed all of the drivers from https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/

i really dont know what to do more because its a new headset i bought it like 1 week ago and it does excaclty the same than my g633

Thank you for your time.

Jul 6, 2019
Hey,

I already disable it but when i install the headset the menu for audio enhancement is replaceded by « logitech » and then it just give the option to launch ghub

Jul 6, 2019
Hello Helpstar,

So i tried on Tomb raider the first of the reboot, rise of tomb raider and assassin creed odyssey.
On the video you linked me, i have the sound but its super flat and stereo, no surround.

Thing is now my headset pilote is 10.0.18362.1 and the signature of it is "Microsoft Windows" and then when i configure with the sound control panel my headset he just give me the choice to configure for stereo.

So my guess is that the software from logitech GHUB cant install the appropriate pilote because windows does it first.

When i manually upgrade the pilote version and i specify the C:/ directory the device manager manage to install the "2018.3.98.0" version of the pilote but when i go for the surround test on GHUB only left, right and center channel is good, after this the surround right and left channel, the rear surround right and left channel are played only on the center channel.

Theire is obviously a conflict somewhere but cant find it and this during the past 4 weeks ;(

Thank you again for your time Helpstar.

Jul 6, 2019
Hey helpstar,

So i checked and i dont have any usb bloatware atm, (its a fresh windows 10 install)

About the post u linked me, i cant downgrade the pilote for the headset, its already a usb generic audio.
I really want the 7.1 surround back it was awesome when i had windows 8 (oh btw i tried to reinstall windows 8 but i only could try 8.1 and i had the same problem :(

PS : something wierd too is that my windows 10 detect my headset as "speakers" in the audio management and not as a headset ... i dont know if it change anything but ...