Question No power going to laptop

Jan 28, 2020
I was using my laptop earlier, with the lead hanging in a different place than usual because of the outlet positioning, and when I came back a little later the laptop was completely off. No lights to show the battery was low, it didn’t even display the light next to the charging socket. I changed outlets, adapters, the fuse, but then I realised that it couldn’t be a problem with the cable if even with the battery no lights whatsoever show. I opened the computer up completely, found that there’s a very quiet bleeping sound coming from the charging box and from the motherboard area, around 120 bpm. This sound happens whenever I plug the computer in, and asides from that there are no other signs that this computer has electricity. Again, nothing happened prior to this to provoke it, and I would very much appreciate some help.

Thanks

NOTE: IF the laptop us under warranty, do not do anything to it that requires opening it up and/or removing/replacing parts. In that case you should contact the manufacturer.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, or don't know how, then I would suggest taking the laptop to a tech.

1. Try connecting it somewhere else (different outlet) just to be sure.

2. Try this...

a. Unplug your charger cord.
b. Remove the battery.
c. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
d. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
e. Now put the battery back in.
f. See if it will start now.

3. Pull the RAM and then put it back in.

4. Replace the motherboard.

Jan 28, 2020
NOTE: IF the laptop us under warranty, do not do anything to it that requires opening it up and/or removing/replacing parts. In that case you should contact the manufacturer.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, or don't know how, then I would suggest taking the laptop to a tech.

1. Try connecting it somewhere else (different outlet) just to be sure.

2. Try this...

a. Unplug your charger cord.
b. Remove the battery.
c. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
d. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
e. Now put the battery back in.
f. See if it will start now.

3. Pull the RAM and then put it back in.

4. Replace the motherboard.
I tried starting it without the battery and only the lead many times, and removing the ram and reinstalling it, to no avail. Would it actually be possible for the motherboard to be destroyed by simply leaving it as it was?

Jan 28, 2020
Just because you didn't see anything happen doesn't mean it didn't. It could just be that the motherboard was going bad, overheating, or even a small power surge. There is no way to tell without having it looked at.
I have looked at it, nothing seems out of order at all. I took every single component out of the laptop, put them back in, making sure to clean all the connectors before,

Jan 28, 2020
I would like to further add again that the very quiet bleeps are coming from both the motherboard AND the charging box. Could this be a problem with not enough power reaching the computer? And if so, why does the battery not display the lights either?

As I wrote before, the beeps could be any of the things I mentioned. And when I say 'looked at' I meant by a tech. Just visually looking at a part doesn't always show that there is a problem.

To be honest, I would be leaning towards your motherboard needing to be replaced.