Question No power without battery plugged into Asus n56vz

Jan 13, 2021
My Asus n56vz will not turn on without the battery plugged in. I did notice when I plug the laptop in via the power cord I have to sit it just right to keep charging. so, I ordered a new port and tested it out but it does not work at all. The battery charges just fine, so long as the power cord is seated ‘just right’ in the port.What do you think is happening here?

Jan 13, 2021
the connector of the charger to the laptop or the cable from the charger
I took it in and they tested the charger. They did say that the power is inconsistent but they tried a couple of other cords and they would not power on the laptop. I left it with them. I will let you know what they come up with.
Thanks for your input!

Reactions: helpstar
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 5
I Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
X Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Battery slowly drains when plugged in; Won't run on just AC power
Question Laptop turns on when plugged in, 0% battery
Question Acer Aspire E5-575 turns off at 55% battery power and won't turn on again unless plugged in
Why does my computer run slowly when plugged in with charger and works normally on battery?
Solved! My asus f202 has no power and also when plug the charger the battery indicator no lights.any help?
Power on your computer when the battery (AC) is plugged in
Solved! Hp ProBook 6470b plugged in charging but battery gets no power
laptop on baterry power when plugged in
Toshiba Satellite M840 does not turn on with new battery install and the plug in power supply. The charging red light blinkin
yes my toshiba satelite harman / cardon, doesnt power on with both battery and ac power plugged in but will turn on with only
Acer aspire r won't turn on. When plugged in the battery light is on but when I try to power it up the blue light just flashes
Laptop Power Issue
Acer laptop will not power on without being plugged in, even though battery is charged 100%.
My laptop getting on while on battery but if i plug the adapter in and then turn on it is not getting on
Asus laptop battery shows 80% plugged in, charging, but if I remove power cord, system turns off. I've non removable battery..
dont have orange light after disconnecting and 30 sec on power button and then putting battery in and plug in ac cord
battery vs plugged in laptop
After internal battery reset my Acer F5-573G-57E8 is not openning without power cord plugged in
I have Asus t100ha n it won't turn on ? I plug in power adapter n battery come up on the screen ? So screen is ok
Lenovo Ideapad 700(15) wont turn on unless the charger is plugged in

ASK THE COMMUNITY