no screen signal in bios

Apr 9, 2018
hi. i have a problem with my laptop. i'm trying to put a fresh os on it with a usb but the screen is broken so i put an extern screen with hdmi on it. but it gives no signal when in bios so i cant see what i'm doing. can anyone help plz
its a hp 15-ac049mb.

Solution
NOPE. i just fixed this problem, just follow my lead.
1) disconnect the ribbon cable going to the display on the display end.
2)turn on the laptop and press esc(recovery menu key) quickly and repeatedly
3)unplug the HDMI and Insert it again, now you should see the Recovery menu or BIOS menu
4)Now you can change.

Note: you can try without disconnecting the ribbon cable. But i did these steps only after disconnecting, so i don't know if it will work or not without disconnecting the ribbon cable. Let me know

Note 2: Note 1: you have to do these steps each time in order to see the BIOS. you can fix that by setting the External monitor as your primary monitor from windows or disconnecting the ribbon cable from the motherboard(not the...

Lutfij

Splendid
Hmmm, that is a big bind you've gotten yourself into. Last I checked, with laptop's you can only take advantage of the external display while out of BIOS not when you want to boot into it.

You could try one thing though, you could try hitting F2 or F8 or F10 or ESC keys as soon as you power up your laptop and see if you can get into BIOS, and you see a display come up when you're working off the external display.

Apr 9, 2018
the screen say no signal until hes logging in on windows. and when i press escape when powering up. i wont start at all so think i'm in the bios but just cant see it

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
NOPE. i just fixed this problem, just follow my lead.
1) disconnect the ribbon cable going to the display on the display end.
2)turn on the laptop and press esc(recovery menu key) quickly and repeatedly
3)unplug the HDMI and Insert it again, now you should see the Recovery menu or BIOS menu
4)Now you can change.

Note: you can try without disconnecting the ribbon cable. But i did these steps only after disconnecting, so i don't know if it will work or not without disconnecting the ribbon cable. Let me know

Note 2: Note 1: you have to do these steps each time in order to see the BIOS. you can fix that by setting the External monitor as your primary monitor from windows or disconnecting the ribbon cable from the motherboard(not the display screen).

Note 3: i have the same exact model that you have so i am at least 90% certain that this will work.

Solution