No signal on tv

x12364906

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Hi I have a HP workstation laptop and a 32 inch flat screen Samsung TV I have an HDM I cable connected to the back of the TV and to my laptop it says no signal on my TV when it's plugged in but if I unplug it it says check signal cable and then when I plug it back in it says no signal how do I fix this

Solution
If the video resolution of the laptop is not compatible with the TV it may say no signal on the TV. Set the TV as your 2nd display and change the resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
You may also have to change the order that you boot the laptop and select the TV input it's connected to. The PC and TV have to "handshake" before they can work together and the timing of that can be tricky.
If the video resolution of the laptop is not compatible with the TV it may say no signal on the TV. Set the TV as your 2nd display and change the resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
You may also have to change the order that you boot the laptop and select the TV input it's connected to. The PC and TV have to "handshake" before they can work together and the timing of that can be tricky.

Solution