No Sound From DVD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2018
I've looked at everything I can think of, but can't seem to solve this issue.

Equipment:
-- TV: LG 60UF7300
-- DVD Player: Samsung BD-F5700
-- Soundbar: LG LAS551H
-- Apple TV: Apple TV 4K

I get sound from live OTA TV thru my soundbar, which is connected to my TV via Optical cable. I also get sound just fine from my Apple TV (again, thru the LG sounder), which is connected to my TV via HDMI.

But I can't seem to get any sound from my DVD player, connected to my TV via HDMI cable. I've tried different inputs on the TV, but the problem remains. I checked the Audio settings on the DVD player, and it's set to PCM Audio. (I tried the other 3 audio settings choices, but none solved the problem).

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Have you tried connecting a high speed HDMI cable from the HDMI IN (ARC) on the TV (and I am only assuming at this point that the TV would in fact be ARC capable?) to the HDMI OUT (TV ARC) on the Soundbar?

If HDMI IN (ARC) is available on the TV then that should work because the soundbar is capable.

Note: this would replace the Optical cable input method you are using ATM and you MAY need to find the ARC audio setting within the TV itself and make sure that is selected for use and that all other devices still work under the rest of the existing setup.

If there is no HDMI IN (ARC) on the TV then ... ?

Aug 2, 2018
I have the same problem. Same DVD/Bluray player, but on a Samsung KS8000 TV (which has the One Connect box). TV and sound bar will not play sound, but other devices will (Fire TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, NES). Just spent half an hour with Samsung support. Tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI inputs (including ARC), factory reset DVD player, tried DVD player on another TV (sound worked), made sure software was up to date... nothing made the sound work. I ended up having to go for family stuff, but the guy said to try a factory reset on the TV, which seems unnecessary. One thing I haven't tried is HDMI from DVD to sound bar "in" and HDMI from sound bar "out" to One Connect (regular or ARC). Would that work? If not, then what else could it possibly be?

Status
Not open for further replies.