No sound from external amp

Dec 3, 2018
I have a Yamaha RX V-675 box, 2 speakers, and an external amp I am trying to play speakers through. I have hooked the external amp to the Zone 2 jacks in the back of the unit, but no sound. I have tried plugging the speakers into the external amp and into the Yamaha, but no sound. I have all my boxes (DVR,DVD,Roku) with their HDMI cables hooked to the back of the Yamaha, and then one master HDMI cable from the back of the Yamaha into the TV. If there are any AV geniuses out there that have suggestions, it would be appreciated. I have no trouble getting sound out of the speakers when they are connected directly to the back of the Yamaha, but the external amp puts out a better sound so I'd like to do that if possible.

Solution
Those zone jacks are probably powered through the amp in the Yamaha HT Receiver, they don't look to be simple line outs. If you want to use this amp with the speakers, you will need a pre-amp to connect the source to, then the amp to that, speakers to your amp.
Those zone jacks are probably powered through the amp in the Yamaha HT Receiver, they don't look to be simple line outs. If you want to use this amp with the speakers, you will need a pre-amp to connect the source to, then the amp to that, speakers to your amp.

Solution
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks! Hadn't thought of that. The last box I had (Pioneer SC-61) you just hooked the amp into the line outs, but there may have been a preamp somewhere in the unit.