No sound from Realtek Digital Output or Razer Surround

JokeMonster

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I've had Razer Surround installed for a few weeks now and it's been working fine - up until yesterday.
I plug in my headphones, realtek pops up asking me if I plugged in headphones or speakers. It makes no difference which one I pick, the sound will cut a few seconds later. The only way for me to get sound back is to switch from one of the two with the red crosses below, to the one with the green tick.

5u7PwVI.png

This isn't a solution since I'd really like Razer Surround to work, I've got used to it ingame now and it makes a big difference for me.

Might be worth also mentioning that up until yesterday I had my headphones plugged into a port on my speakers, which were plugged into the PC. Yesterday I took my computer to a friends house and after having this problem there, I'm now having it at home with the same speaker setup that was working for weeks before.

If anyone has a solution I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Thought I'd just add that as you can see in the picture, as far as Windows is concerned sounds are playing... I'm just not hearing them.

JokeMonster

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

Not sure exactly what you mean by model... Headphones? Sound card? Realtek version? Razer surround version?

Anyway, Thanks for the reply but I managed to fix it by changing the output in Razer Surround to headphones instead of digital output. It's not how it was set before but it seems to be working so I won't complain.