no sound on laptop

leanne-kian

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

I have a toshiba satellite
had no problems for 2 years. Then suddenly one day listening to music the sound just stopped working. I have done all the normal checks, like volume level, re-installing sound driver but Still nothing, can anyone help?

Solution
Well then this is a problem beyond user error, I don't know if this is good news or not. :)

I would reset BIOS to factory, but be aware this may change other settings, is up to you whether to do this.

After that, restore laptop to factory setting, this will obliterate all your custom settings.

If still doesn't work, you need professional help.

leanne-kian

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Yes check to see if its muted, when I play music I can still see the volume level going up n down but no sound, and yes tried earphones but no sound through them either. Thanks for the fast reply though.

Well then this is a problem beyond user error, I don't know if this is good news or not. :)

I would reset BIOS to factory, but be aware this may change other settings, is up to you whether to do this.

After that, restore laptop to factory setting, this will obliterate all your custom settings.

If still doesn't work, you need professional help.

Solution