No Stand-Alone 250 GB HDD for Xbox 360

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]So your best and ONLY bet for now is... $140~150 for the MS-120GB HD upgrade.[/citation]
Can get a 120GB for 65$ if you know where to look :) got one the other day myself.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
console gamers get milked by micro and sony.

they get to play at lower resolutions. while their games cost more and they really have to pay through the nose for any accessories or upgrades.

i wonder why ppl even consider consoles now, they are made by companies who want to make money off you. The open platform the PC cuts the middle man out, performs better and is cheaper in the long run. 600usd these days a pc can be made that will put both the obselete boxes put together out of their misery and in the long run be cheaper then any of them.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I've got one of the 60GB 360 preniums, I have no idea what on earth all you guys are putting on their xboxes, but i have no intention to put anything much on mine - the space gets used and freed after playing demos, and thats about it. films, music etc all get streamed from my server.

thefuzz

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Why these guys find it so easy to deny us what we what and need I will never fully understand. I think they just like keeping the frustration level at a moderate level to entice the customers. I just want to upgrade the existing Hard Drive.. is that so much to ask.

The Fuzz
www.thefuzznetwork.com

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
@thefuzz

well they will make the ordinary customer think that 250gb is a big deal.. brainwash them..then make them pay a premium. Thats how these console manufacturers work.

stop falling for the middlemen, 250gb is so 3 years ago.

G

i fack this shit, i got 250GB WD Caviar drive modified for XBOX360 for... hmm 50usd and modification of software for 10usd. And it runs fine like original one ;)
suuckers ;)

G

also i got fakin PS3 with 2TB Drive, PC with three 2TB drive (RAID-0, Extreme Performance)+ 2x300GB Velocity Raptor HDD(10.000RPMS,RAID-0 mega extreme performance of system and cache,and games ;)with Quad Core QX 2.8GHz@4.4GHz with Zalman high-end cooling, and 4890 1GB Graphic Card, and... i am madafakin lucky son of a bitch ;) I can play all games, and it rulez ;)

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
eh i got what ps4 probably will be..

i7 @4ghz
4870x2 crossfire
6gb ram
ssd drives.

except all this will be obselete by the time ps4 comes.. however sony will probably suceed in brainwashing the masses about the ps4.

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]cabose369[/nom]1. The PS3 slim you CANNOT change out the hard drive. (So I guess it now has a proprietary HDD too!!)2. You are also right... the Sony will give you a Yellow Light of Death instead of a Red Ring (LOL!!!)2. Microsoft is releasing a STANDARD-N adapter for the 360... where is PS3's N adapter??? Oh wait.... Sony doesn't have one.....Noob.....[/citation]
EPIC FAIL (M$ fanboy)!!!!! i wanted to say you're wrong, but Belardo was faster than me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.