Solved! No Video Output

Mar 30, 2018
I have a Toshiba Satellite A75-A7100 laptop it does not use a graphics card but uses on board

I have no output from HDMI and VGA.

Both outputs were working fine and the next day nothing. I had no updates from one day to the next.

After much testing, I have done all the usual checks of replacing and swapping and know the problem is no output from the laptop.

I tried re installing my drivers, first from Intel then from Toshiba with no success

When I press Win key + P where I would usually get a set of options for one or more screens to be selected, now I get a message... "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try re installing the driver or using different video card."

I was hoping this was a software and not a hardware issue.

Is my motherboard the problem? since it is both VGA and HDMI, I have no other graphic outputs. I do have 4xUSB 3.0 ports and a phone RJ12 connector.

Is there a software or hardware test to determine where the problem is?
How difficult is it to replace/repair a component or would I need to replace the entire MB?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Joe

Solution
hang-the-9, your approach is the one that I finally was able to get it working.
I had previously reloaded the intel and microsoft drivers, but had not completely wiped out the old ones first. Under video adapters I found my intel HD graphics 4600.
I removed all of my drivers from Toshiba, Intel and Microsoft. I then reloaded them clean from Intel and Microsoft and my output graphics displays are working again.
I have had this kind of a problem in the past trying t re-load software and had to completely remove the old ones to get a clean new installation.

Thanks for your response.
Joe
Mar 30, 2018
hang-the-9, your approach is the one that I finally was able to get it working.
I had previously reloaded the intel and microsoft drivers, but had not completely wiped out the old ones first. Under video adapters I found my intel HD graphics 4600.
I removed all of my drivers from Toshiba, Intel and Microsoft. I then reloaded them clean from Intel and Microsoft and my output graphics displays are working again.
I have had this kind of a problem in the past trying t re-load software and had to completely remove the old ones to get a clean new installation.

Thanks for your response.
Joe

Solution