Solved! No WIFI

Dec 14, 2021
Hi all, recently moved home and my PC got a lot of dust inside. Have cleaned inside and now notice a better speed. However I have reformatted also, but now I have no wifi at all. Only works with ethernet which is a no go for me due to location of PC.

I have tried everything and still no wifi. When I go to "change adapter options" where I would hope to enable wifi, it is not there, just ethernet, which seems obvious to me the issue, The question is how can I resolve this? I am literally one more failed attempt from it going in the skip...

Cheers all.

Solution
I have “reset the network settings” which uninstalled and reinstalled the network drivers and no joy.
Have reformatted twice to ensure that one didn’t go wrong, and just doesn’t bring up any networks, due to having no WiFi. Connects to Ethernet fine but seem to exhausted options..

Resetting network settings does not do anything to add drivers if they are missing. Go to Device Manager and see if things are there in an error state. I would bet you have several items there if you did not install drivers from the vendor site.
Dec 14, 2021
Did you install the drivers for your wireless network adapter? Sounds like those are missing.

I have “reset the network settings” which uninstalled and reinstalled the network drivers and no joy.
Have reformatted twice to ensure that one didn’t go wrong, and just doesn’t bring up any networks, due to having no WiFi. Connects to Ethernet fine but seem to exhausted options..

mrmike16

Honorable
Hi all, recently moved home and my PC got a lot of dust inside. Have cleaned inside and now notice a better speed. However I have reformatted also, but now I have no wifi at all. Only works with ethernet which is a no go for me due to location of PC.

I have tried everything and still no wifi. When I go to "change adapter options" where I would hope to enable wifi, it is not there, just ethernet, which seems obvious to me the issue, The question is how can I resolve this? I am literally one more failed attempt from it going in the skip...

Cheers all.
Windows doesn't always find the drivers by itself. Sometimes you need to go to the manufacturer's website, and only the manufacturer's website, (Not 3rd-party) to download the correct drivers for your system. If this is a custom-built PC, go to the website of the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi adapter.

Resetting network settings does not do anything to add drivers if they are missing. Go to Device Manager and see if things are there in an error state. I would bet you have several items there if you did not install drivers from the vendor site.

Solution
Dec 14, 2021

Got several items, but nothing seems to be showing in "error" according to PC all "working properly"

Thank you!

Dec 14, 2021
I've installed all drivers available to me via Dell and no change